Modern Tribe Inc. represents a collaboration of independent contractors whose service we mediate to fortune 500 companies, governments institution and well funded start-ups. We build teams of people that like hanging-out together (from a distance). While there’s no shortage of freelancers out there, we’re looking for a very specific type of person, and that person is very rare. We look for 5 attributes when we’re contracting freelancers. We want people who are:
One of the greatest blessings of owning a company is that you get to pick who you spend your time with. We’re not saying you need to be bunnies and rainbows 24/7 – but we want people that are excited about what they’re doing. Simply put, are we going to feel good about our day after hanging out with you?
We’re not looking for seat fillers. We want your big beautiful brain to be fully engaged. We’re looking for added value.
Our industry is always evolving. If you didn’t learn something new today, you’re probably behind. We want people that are striving to be experts at what they do, and are going to be experts in what comes next as well.
This is the holy grail of freelancer attributes. Accountability is not really about hitting deadlines – it’s about expectation management. Deadlines move, scope changes, and timelines evolve – you will succeed if you communicate and navigate these effectively. Over-nighters are so 1999.
You can be an honest-to-god expert or just starting out. Ultimately what we look for is the fundamental technical aptitude to excel.
What you get
- Big projects for big name clients
- Be in business for yourself, not all by yourself (be part of a rocking team)
- We get shit done
- 100% remote
- We pay net 30 (even when our big clients pay net 90+)
- We manage the project and the clients so you can focus on being an awesome technician
- Minimal non-billable overhead time
- Opportunity to learn from peers and those who have previously walked the same freelance path with success
What We Want in Exchange
- Your wholesale rate
- Pay for value, not just time
- Excellent accountability and communication
We’re ACTIVELY looking for:
- Web Designer
- Senior Plugin Quality Engineer
- WordPress Technical Support (x2)
- WordPress Plugin Developer
- WordPress Frontend Developer
- Project Manager
We’re open to a unique candidate / partner for:
- Technical Writer / Blogger
Please include a link to your portfolio and client list, a nice personal letter giving us a sense of who you are, how you work and what you can add to our team. If you email us personally (not a likely path to success as it will sink into the abyss in someone’s inbox) please make sure to put the title of the position you are looking for in the subject.