Release: The Events Calendar 2.0.7
Today marks quite a release day here at Modern Tribe: we’ve pushed out The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO 2.0.7, and updates to both our Community Events (1.0.1) and Eventbrite Tickets (1.0.1) add-ons. Even though it’s just a monthly maintenance release, 2.0.7 includes — along with the basic bug fixes — a few new translation files and a couple neat features to tide you over until 2.1. It also is the first release t0 official support our soon-to-launch Facebook Events add-on.
On that note…you’re going to need 2.0.7 to run any and all of the add-ons released today. Make sure you update accordingly and that you don’t get the new add-on code if you aren’t yet ready to snag 2.0.7.
Release Notes for WordPress Events Calendar 2.0.7:
Small features, UX and Content Tweaks:
- As requested by the masses…added AJAX functionality to mini calendar widget for navigating forward/backward from month to month (PRO only).
- Incorporated “Events” menu to the admin bar, featuring Events-specific options and integrating with Modern Tribe add-ons.
- Added new App Shop link to Events admin menu / admin bar menu to view and download other Modern Tribe plugins & add-ons.
- Added audit info metabox to admin (just enable it by adding define(‘TRIBE_SHOW_EVENT_AUDITING’, true); to your wp-config file).
- Included new Swedish translation files (free & PRO), courtesy of Ben Andersen.
- Included new Spanish translation files (free & PRO), courtesy of Hector at Signo Creativo.
- Google Calendar import now works and truncates appropriately for extremely long event listings (thanks for the fix, Andy Fragen!)
- Fixed settings page slug so as not to break backwards compatibility
- Got rid of a superfluous daily query of events that was running for once-per-day every month-view load, thereby improving overall load speed
- Tweaked a bug where TribeEvents::uglyLink() was missing ‘day’
- A message is now displayed in place of the events-slug boxes when a user does not have pretty permalinks enabled.
- Next/previous links no longer navigate in order of event ID when pretty permalinks are disabled.
- Contributors are now able to create recurring events.
- Fixed an issue with single quotes getting converted to funky characters upon saving on Additional Fields and other Settings –> The Events Calendar tabs.
- Addressed various other bugs with the Additional Fields tab in Settings –> The Events Calendar.
- Tiny patch to help integrate with the Duotive theme.
- Fixed category rewrite slug issue that occurred with certain permalink structures.
Thanks again to everyone who helped identify a bug or provide a translation file for this release. If you notice any issues that we missed in this latest code, let us know.