Add click to ‘Find out more’ button in the Tooltip.php

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add click to ‘Find out more’ button in the Tooltip.php

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adam Soleymani
    Participant

Hi
    I was able to Add ‘find out more’ button to the tool tip but it keeps take me the wrong event.
    Can you please help?

Thanks,

Geoff

Hi there Adam! Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums. 🙂

The link for any given event can be grabbed with the following:

<a href="[[=permalink]]">Find out more</a>

Add that to your tooltip.php template override and let me know if that helps.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Adam Soleymani
    Participant

Thank you it works. Also, how do I prevent it from getting removed during an update?

Thanks,

Geoff

Good question. The answer is to create an override of the tooltip.php template instead of modifying the core file.

In summary, that means:

• <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>Make a copy of the tooltip.php file</span>
    • Create a new directory in your theme folder called tribe-events and another folder inside of that called widgets. Drop the copied file in there.
    • Make you changes to the template and save them

Now the template is in your theme and will not be overridden when the plugin updates. 🙂

These steps are more thoroughly detailed in our Themer’s Guide, which I suggest you check out.

Does that make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Adam Soleymani
    Participant

Thank You for all the help.

Geoff

My pleasure! I’m so glad this worked out for you. 🙂

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help.

Also, if you have a moment, we’d love it if you rated the plugin and shared your thoughts about it with others on our review page.

Thanks again!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Add click to ‘Find out more’ button in the Tooltip.php’ is closed to new replies.