Add contact form to event (title of event, date…)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add contact form to event (title of event, date…)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    netzlichter
    Participant

Hello,
    I want to add a contact form to the events in the event calendar. So when an user visit the eventpage and fills out the contact form. I want to get the title of the event and the date of the event.

How I can achieve that with maybe contact form 7?

BEST!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I can try to help out here. Contact Form 7 or Gravity Forms or Ninja Forms might work. It would involve setup on one of those to get the title of the Event. The event is a custom post type so the form system if it can get the title should not have a problem doing it.

Once you have the form you can either add it to the content if they have a shortcode or follow our themer’s guide to place it in the template:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

That is about all we can do to help out on this as we cannot support how to create a form in another plugin. If you have any questions after reviewing the themer’s guide. Please let me know.

Thanks

netzlichter
    Participant

Thank you for your quick answer. The customer can book an event via the form. I will add it in the theme files – no problem.
    But can you only tell me what I must do to add the title of the event and the date of the event to the contact form?
    I think that feature would use many of your customers…

THANKS!

Brian
    Keymaster

I would like to help, but I am afraid that adding the event title is done by the form plugin. So it would be different depending on what form plugin you use and I cannot provide coding for 3rd party plugins.

I can tell you that Event’s are WordPress Custom Post Types so anything like get_the_title() will work for an event.

The date of the event is stored as a custom field so you can use WordPress functions to get that ( get_post_meta() ). The custom field name for the start date is:

_EventStartDate

That is about all I can do to help on this one you are going to have to play around with the form plugin to get that information in there. That is not something we can support.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Add contact form to event (title of event, date…)’ is closed to new replies.