Add list of links with event names above calendar on events page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add list of links with event names above calendar on events page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    belisama
    Participant

Hello! We are looking to add a list of the event links with only the event title at the top of the calendar, specifically on the list view. The list of links/shortcuts would go under the “upcoming events” title and before the events feed. Our client wants shortcuts to the events, since they will be adding many events but want them displayed in the list view.

Casey D

Hello belisama,

Thanks for contacting us!

I’m not sure I entirely understand the situation. Are you trying to create a small list of important ‘sticky events’? Just a short list of events (3? 5?) with just the names right under the ‘Upcoming Events’ title?

2014-08-08 at 5.51 PM

If so, this isn’t a feature that works out of the box, but would be generally simple with a template override. If you check out our Themer’s Guide, you could probably make a template override to display what you want.

If this is what you are trying to do, what I would do is create a single post with the content being the list of links that you want. I would then create an override to query that specific post and dump it between the title and the list.

I want to make sure this is what you want before moving forward though; I can give you quite a few more pointers.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

belisama
    Participant

Thanks for your response. What I actually want is all the events to be in a list at the top of the page. I created this by adding a widgetized area to the top of the content.php template. You can see the result here: http://adelineyogastudio.com/events/

However, when you click on “previous events” only the widgetized area and not the events display. If you refresh, everything displays correctly.

What I really wanted to do was to just add the list of posts directly to the content.php template without using a widget. I tried adding this code (based on the list-widget.php file) and it didn’t work: http://pastebin.com/7RdAUXHL.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy belisama,

You would actually need to put that inside of the loop.php file. Which might involve moving other stuff inside of ti as well. The trick is that our loop.php file is what is called when you do an ajax refresh (which happens upon clicking next/prev).

This might not work with your desired look. I am not sure. Perhaps another possibility would be to just have one list showing off the titles and dates, but hiding the content and photo. Then to have a plus button next to each, sort of a click to expand dealy, that would then show the rest. That sort of modification could be accomplished just be editting single.php. But, it might be outside the spirit of what you want here. I can not say, all I know is it would probably be easier to implement assuming you are comfortable with javascript of jQuery click to expand regions.

Let me know how it goes. Happy to help further if I can. Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a spell without a response I am going to archive it. If you do need anything else please feel free to open a new topic. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Add list of links with event names above calendar on events page’ is closed to new replies.