Adding Events Calendar Pro plugin to Events Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Adding Events Calendar Pro plugin to Events Calendar

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    hypnohealing
    Participant

Hi I recently purchased the Events Calendar Pro plugin and I am in the process of adding it to our site (following the screencast). My question is will it erase the events I currently have in the calendar?
    Thanks for the help
    Debbie

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello hypnohealing,

Thank you for purchasing Events Calendar Pro.

To answer your question, it will not erase any of your current events on the calendar. It only adds more feature to the Events Calendar it does not replace anything.

Let us know if you have any more questions or would like some help.

Thanks

hypnohealing
    Participant

Thank you. I have installed the plugin, and my calendar is out of sync. New events are overriding old events and the list of events no longer appears on my home page. How can i fix this?
    Thank you

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi hypnohealing,

Sorry for the troubles with adding The Events Calendar Pro.

I can help you out.

Does everything work when you turn off the Events Calendar Pro?

Can you give an example of this as a private reply: “New events are overriding old events”

And how does you theme put content on the home page? Is there a widget? is there a way to resave the coding or widget that does the event list?

Please let me know and we can go from here to resolve it.

Thanks

hypnohealing
    Participant

Hello Brian,
    I have fixed the widget on the home page. However my calendar is out of sync and new events are overriding old events. For example we have a workshop on October 23, 2014 it appears on September 19, 20 ,21, 26, 27, 28, Oct 3, 4, 5.
    Please help, thank you

hypnohealing
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello, glad some issues are working themselves out.

For recurring events in the Events->Settings->Display Tab we have an option: “Recurring event instances”

If you check that in list view only it will show the next recurring event and not the later dates for it. This does not work in month view though, but this should help on your home page for the list view.

Let me know if that works for you.

hypnohealing
    Participant

Hi Brian,
    Thank you it is now only showing the first instance. Is there a way to set it up so that the event lists the beginning date Sept 19 and the end date Oct 5 in the listing but in the calendar remains only on the specified recurrent days?
    Thank you

hypnohealing
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

If you only one tickets to show on the first event day, the best thing to do is to create the recurring event, then go in and edit the first instance of the event only and add the tickets there and then add information about other days of the course. There is no way automatically add all the later days of the event.

To edit the first instance of the event hover of the event title in the event listing of the dashboard and click “Edit Single”.

Is there a way to set it up so that the event lists the beginning date Sept 19 and the end date Oct 5 in the listing but in the calendar remains only on the specified recurrent days?

Unfortunately, there is not a way to do that, but you could include the dates in the title as a work around.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks

hypnohealing
    Participant

This reply is private.

hypnohealing
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Below are the answers to your questions.

Recurring Events
    I apologize if I did not explain recurring events correctly or we have some information on our site that does not explain them enough. The recurring events are not a group of events although they can be, they are intended to be the same event that happens over a regular period of time. So that is how our recurring event system is designed. It has been requested and we are interested in making the recurring events more robust and act as a multiday, but that is currently not how it works.

So if you edit a single instance it breaks it out of the recurring event series and becomes independent of them.

So if you would edit the recurring event series after doing a single event edit it would not change that event, but it would the rest of the series.

Once it is broken out of the recurring series it cannot be added back in.

Blog Category
    Not sure why the events would be appearing in the blog. Do you have this setting checked in the Events->Settings “Include events in main blog loop”

Unchecking that should remove it from the blog. That will not remove events from the home page as you are using a widget there.

Let me know if that helps.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Events Calendar Pro plugin to Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.