Advanced Custom Fields Event values not saving to Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Advanced Custom Fields Event values not saving to Event

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    communityanswers
    Participant

I am currently running ECP (Events Calendar Pro) 3.7 and ACF Pro (Advanced Custom Fields Pro) 5.0.8. I have a test site where all recurring events are not able to save custom field data from ACF Pro. To try and debug this problem a created a localhost test environment with nothing on it but these two plugins. The same thing happens. When I create a recurring event and try to save a custom field value (created by ACF Pro) nothing is saved. This is a weird error since the custom field values are saved for non-recurring events. It is only for the recurring events where the custom field is not being saved.

Thanks for your help,

Kyle

Josh
    Participant

Hello communityanswers,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry you’re experiencing issues with using the plugins. Hopefully we can get this sorted out for you quickly.

I just tested on my local install using The Events Calendar Pro and the free version of the Advanced Custom Fields plugin. I tested with a couple of fields on a recurring event and was able to save and edit the values and they are reflected throughout all the events for that recurring event. Have you tried testing with the free version of the plugin to see if that works for you? If so, there may be an issues with the ACF Pro that needs to be resolved.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response however I hope this was able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hello communityanswers,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry you’re experiencing issues with using the plugins. Hopefully we can get this sorted out for you quickly.

I just tested on my local install using The Events Calendar Pro and the free version of the Advanced Custom Fields plugin. I tested with a couple of fields on a recurring event and was able to save and edit the values and they are reflected throughout all the events for that recurring event. Have you tried testing with the free version of the plugin to see if that works for you? If so, there may be an issues with the ACF Pro that needs to be resolved.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response however I hope this was able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks!

communityanswers
    Participant

I was only testing with the Pro version since that is the only version we would use.

Is this a known issue with ACF Pro and ECP? Are you guys working to try and solve this problem?

Josh
    Participant

Hello communityanswers,

Thanks for following up with us!

This isn’t a known bug with ACF Pro that I am aware of. I only tested with the free version because it was the only version I had readily available. If the free version works with our recurring events my assumption would be that the Pro version would as well.

Since I was able to get the free version to work, whether or not the free version works on your site will give us more information on what may be causing the conflict.

Thanks!

communityanswers
    Participant

Sorry it took so long to reply.

It seems that it works with the free version. Maybe you should look into the issue with the pro version to see if there are any conflicts with ECP and ACF.

Josh
    Participant

Hello communityanswers,

Thanks for following up with us.

Since the free version of the plugin works but not the Pro, the best approach would be to bring it up to the developers of Advanced Custom Fields. There is something different in the way the fields are being saved that could be causing the issue.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help with.

Thanks!

derekshirk
    Participant

I’m having the same issues, and landed here looking for answers. Did anyone find any clarity on this issue? I also posted a thread on the ACF forum here: http://bit.ly/ZF2MP9

Josh
    Participant

Hello derekshirk,

Thanks for adding that link!

We’re definitely interested in seeing the response about the difference in compatibility between the free and pro versions of ACF with our plugin. If there is something that we’re doing that goes against WordPress best practices that is causing the conflict, we would be more than willing to review the issues and potential fix.

If you receive a response on that forum, we would definitely appreciate seeing an update here.

Thanks!

derekshirk
    Participant

Thank you. I will keep the conversation updated as I receive new info.

derekshirk
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been emailing back and forth with Elliot from ACF, and here is his last response which I feel correctly identifies the issue.

Elliot replied
    Oct 30 1:32pm
    Hi Derek

Thanks for the info, I did a bit more testing and can now get the same result as you.

I did some debugging of some ACF files and found something very odd.
    For some reason, when the post is saved, the $post_id parameter (within the save_post action) should be the value of the event being edited (3439), yet when I output the value, it is 3440344034403440

I checked to see if this was the value 3440, and the function was being run 3 times, but no, for some weird reason, the events calendar plugin is modifying the $post_id value and changing it to something that doesn’t relate to tehe correct post. This is why ACF data is not saving – ACF is saving to the post 3440344034403440…

I don’t think I can provide a fix from my end, but please keep me in the loop to see what events calendar devs make of this info.

Thanks
    E

Hopefully that will help you guys hone in on the issue. Is it possible to keep the POST_ID the same for recurring events?

Josh
    Participant

Hello derekshirk,

Thanks for following up with us! This is definitely helpful.

I’ve passed this information along to our developers. I’ll let you know what I hear back from them about these notes.

Thanks!

derekshirk
    Participant

Hi Josh,

I’m checking back in to see if there has been any discussion from your dev team on this?

Josh
    Participant

Hello communityanswers,

A developer has been assigned to look into the issue. We’ll follow up here when the developer has completed looking into the issue.

Thanks!

mlajeunesse
    Participant

Thank you for looking into this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Advanced Custom Fields Event values not saving to Event’ is closed to new replies.