Advanced Upcoming widget issue….

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Advanced Upcoming widget issue….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    George
    Participant

I have had v. 3.4.0 installed on my website, and I am working on upgrade / update to 3.6.1

While testing I noticed “Upcoming Events” widget was no longer showing events list.

So when I debugged, it had got new feature, which allows you to filter the events via category / tags. And only show your desired one’s (not all of them).

So I configured it accordingly, and now it shown “Upcoming events” list, but while I was working with “WordPress customizer”, it started showing me odd output, which doesn’t allow me to work with customizer properly, nor it allows me to test output (on right side area where content is previewed live).

Here are the few screenshots.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9ypScgU1_7iaHBtVkFGcHhKUTQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9ypScgU1_7ib0VXN2dnSTh4ZEk/edit?usp=drivesdk

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9ypScgU1_7ic2hIc3MwZW8yeTA/edit?usp=drivesdk

Its a priority bug, as its causing a v. obvious bug, which client will notice at first glance (whenever she plans to make change via customizer screen).

So I don’t want that.

Please have a look and let me know if I can be of any help.

Note: I have first tested with clients data, but than I installed specific instance of wordpress (3.9.1) with WooCommerce, Events Calendar Pro, The Events Calendar and WooTickets. With no data at all other than few new events created, plus categories, tags, venues and organizer posts.

Thanks,
    Syed

Casey
    Participant

Syed,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here. I’m noticing this on my end as well, and will log it as a bug for our developers to investigate further. Since this is pretty late in our current release’s development cycle (we typically release on a monthly cycle), I don’t imagine it will be fixed in our upcoming release. I’ll go ahead and leave this thread open, and we’ll update you when we have more information.

In the mean time, a workaround is to only add/edit widgets using the ‘Appearance->Widgets’ screen. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

tammi4fsu
    Participant

i’m having the same issue, but i can no longer access my widgets on the appearance – widgets page.

Seth
    Participant

Casey – I’m also having this issue using the “Events List” widget (configured via Appearance > Widgets. It appears that the widget is showing old posts and events.

Seth
    Participant

Correction – It is showing old posts, NOT events.

sinfieldk
    Participant

Yes, all my events in my Events Widget have disappeared, replaced with one old post. Very strange, and making site unusable!

sechive
    Participant

I too am having the same issue. Events List widget is not showing current events, only garbage data. Event widget functionality is currently broken. The posted workaround (to only add via Appearance | Widget) does not work. Please address this issue ASAP.

Plugin version is latest (3.6.1)

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop in and update you on the status of this issue. We are working on a fix, but we were not able to include it in our upcoming release (3.7). Correcting this problem is still important to us and we hope to have a fix done for a future maintenance release. We will do our best to keep you updated here on our progress. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work on this.

Best,
    Leah

sechive
    Participant

While I can understand a fix may take some time, this functionality is currently “broken” on my site. It seems many others are in a similar situation: no data or incorrect data is displayed. I would think minimally some workaround to this issue would be provided given the severity and visibility of the problem. Should I downgrade to the previous version to restore this functionality? If a downgrade is recommended, please provide the steps to complete the task.

Seth
    Participant

If you remove any overrides, it seems to eliminate the random data problem (at least it did for me). And if you configure the widget to show certain (in my case all of my) categories, it will display the events again.

sechive
    Participant

@Seth unfortunately, setting the category filters explicitly did not correct the problem. After changing the category filter, even adding a new current event, same outcome – no data is displayed. I even recreated the widget from scratch. No luck. Thanks for the suggestion.
    @Tri.be any other suggestions or fix available?

sechive
    Participant

@Seth: Your suggestion did in fact help. I needed to update the override I had done for list-widget.php. Appreciate the assist!

Casey
    Participant

ivideoweb,
    I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread.

sechive,
    If your issue is the same as the above please do feel free to monitor this thread, but if you need assistance for your own specific scenario it would be great if you could create a fresh thread of your own. Thanks!
    -Casey-

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

Will do! Just let us know if you need further help. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Advanced Upcoming widget issue….’ is closed to new replies.