After latest update upcoming events showing out of order

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO After latest update upcoming events showing out of order

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    intsculpturectr
    Participant

Hi all, I apologize if this topic has been addressed. I searched and did not find anything relevant to my problem. Since I made the latest update, the events in the upcoming list view are showing in the order in which they were approved, not in chronological order. Is there a fix for this? Thanks for your time.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry for the issues you are having with the event order and thank you for searching for a solution.

Do you have a link for the page that shows the events in a different order.

I have not run into this before nor could I find anything so looks like maybe a new conflict was created on the updated.

So can you please try our Testing For Conflicts Guide to see about narrowing down the issue.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/testing-for-conflicts/

Let me know what you find out and we can troubleshoot from there.

Thanks

intsculpturectr
    Participant

Hi Brian, thanks for responding. I did the steps in the testing for conflicts guide. After I cleared my cache, the issue was not fixed. The site is http://www.sculpture.org/calendar/events/

I’ve left it with all the plugins turned off and the theme at 2013.

Thanks so much!

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for providing that link.

I have another customer with a similar issue, so looks like it could be a bug. I will let you know when I have more thanks.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok so to help see what is going on I created a quick snippet to show the query into the browser console.

Can you please add the snippet in your functions.php of the active theme for testing.

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/6c55c0f88346dc75afbb

Let me know when that is on there and I can take a look to get more information to help resolve this.

Thanks

intsculpturectr
    Participant

It’s been added.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for adding that coding.

I am afraid it just showed that everything is working from the query.

Sorry to keep asking, but if you do not mind could you replace that other snippet with this one:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/408547173032ed490c9b

It will enable me to get all the Event Meta Data in the console so I can see if something is messed up there.

And to verify you have no custom coding for the events calender and no other plugins active, correct? Especially no coding related to a custom order of posts or taxonomies.

Thanks

intsculpturectr
    Participant

It’s been uploaded.

No other plugins are active, only the events calendar, community and filter bar. The only custom code in the events calendar is here in the single-event.php where I changed the featured image size from full to medium <?php echo tribe_event_featured_image( $event_id, ‘medium’, false ); ?>

Brian
    Keymaster

I am still not see anything from the information provided.

Please remove the snippets as everything is showing correctly there.

Ok so when you get a chance you please try these three things:

Possible Fix
    See if this snippet fixes the issue:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/e6de697de04674a85e86

Please set this:

$query->set( ‘orderby’, ‘title’ );

to this:

$query->set( ‘orderby’, ‘event_date’ );

Conflict Test
    Can you see if only have core Events Calender Active Solves the issue and if it does please active the add ons until it breaks again and then let us know which one.

Events Slug
    Please try changing the “Events URL slug” on this page to something else:

Events > Settings > General tab

Let me know if any of those work for you and we can go from there.

Thanks

intsculpturectr
    Participant

None of those made a difference unfortunately.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok how strange, here is a couple things for the weekend to try:

Load a new theme

Load a theme such as Twenty Twelve and see if that changes anything.

Reinstall Plugins

Please backup your site first before trying this.

Then go in and deactivate and delete all the Event Calender plugins, get new copies of each plugin and reupload & Activate. Preferably doing this with Twenty Twelve Active. Not sure that will change anything, but it might.

Debug
    There could be a php error causing is that is not showing. So if those steps do not work can you please turn on the WordPress Debug and the Events Calendar Debug to see if we can get more information.

Events Debug
    Go to Events->Settings->Miscellaneous Settings

Then check Debug Mode

WordPress Debug
    Please follow the steps in the WordPress Debug Codex in the Example wp-config.php for Debugging section:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Please place that coding and load main events pages and then check the error log and see if there are any errors.

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Thanks

intsculpturectr
    Participant

Hi Brian,

I switched the theme, no change. I did not go through the lengthy process of reinstalling all of the plugins. But did do the debugging on events and wordpress. I don’t see any errors on either. Since you said you were not sure that it would fix the problem, I’m hesitant to go through the process of reinstalling plugins. Is there any other actions I could take to get this resolved? Thanks for your help.

Brian
    Keymaster

There is not much else to try.

Is is possible you can just delete and reinstall the Event Calendar Plugins?

Also, can you please provide the information in this field:

Events > Help > System Information

In a private reply to this message.

Thanks

intsculpturectr
    Participant

This reply is private.

intsculpturectr
    Participant

Also, will deleting the calendar plugins and reinstalling them erase the info (events/settings etc.) that I have in there now? Thanks,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘After latest update upcoming events showing out of order’ is closed to new replies.