After upgraded to 2.02. Start date & end date disappeared

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO After upgraded to 2.02. Start date & end date disappeared

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Terrance

Hi,

After I have upgraded both The event calendar & ECP to 2.02. The start date and end date disappear.

Thanks.

Rob

Hey Terrance – that shouldn’t be happening. Where are you seeing it? Single view, list view, grid view, etc? Can you share an example?

Terrance

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting back. It’s in both the Event list view and Single event view.

Here is the example: http://www.runsociety.com/calendar/upcoming/.

I have deleted away both The Event Calendar and ECP and install again, but the start date and end date still is not showing.

Thanks in advance.

Julien
    Participant

Same problem for me !

Rob

Thanks, guys. This sounds to be a bug in 2.0.2 – I’m unable to recreate it on my default 2011 install, but a few OS users have also brought it up. We’ve got a fix in the works for 2.1, and I’m going to have Jonah respond directly in here to see if there’s a short-term solution you can use until the fix is deployed.

Nick Ciske
    Participant

Can we get some info on the themes you’re using (for those getting the error)? If there’s a common thread there it might point to the issue.

From what I can see, it’s probably something related to the $post object getting unset (or set to a non-event) somewhere in the page template before tribe_get_start_date() is called.

Jonah
    Participant

Are you guys overriding the events list.php template file or using the default? Might help to get ftp / wp admin access from one of you to take a look at the code and see what’s there. You can email access to jonahcoyote [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks,
    Jonah

Nick Ciske
    Participant

Confirmed as a bug that crept into Events 2.0.2. Fix to be released shortly.

Terrance

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

Rob

Terrance: it’ll be a 2.0.3 release, hopefully no later than mid-to-late next week. We’ll keep you posted.

Seth
    Participant

I’m also in need of a (hopefully quick) fix to tribe_get_start_date() for reoccurring events. I see in the comments that it’s a known issue already.

Nick Ciske
    Participant

Here’s a patch you can use until 2.0.3 is released:

https://theeventscalendar.com/patch-for-the-events-calendar-2-0-2-date-bug/

Seth
    Participant

Well that solved one issue, the dates show up now which is good. However it is showing the date the reoccurring series originally started rather than this specific event’s start time.

Nick Ciske
    Participant

And that wasn’t the case previously (e.g. in 2.0)?

Seth
    Participant

It didn’t work in 2.0 either.

The documentation right before the function tribe_get_start_date() mentions that the function does not work with a post ID for reoccurring events.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘After upgraded to 2.02. Start date & end date disappeared’ is closed to new replies.