Ajax/Jquery conflict – Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid Date

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Ajax/Jquery conflict – Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid Date

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    michael albee
    Participant

On the backend everything is loading fine … but when I try to change views on the frontend or go to the “next page” of events none of the links seem to work.

Any advice in ANY direction would greatly be appreciated.

http://s534583204.onlinehome.us/betatestsite/

Uncaught SyntaxError: invalid date tribe-events.js?ver=3.6.1:200
    (anonymous function) tribe-events.js?ver=3.6.1:200
    (anonymous function) tribe-events-bar.min.js?ver=3.6.1:10
    n.extend.each jquery.js?ver=1.11.0:2
    n.fn.n.each jquery.js?ver=1.11.0:2
    (anonymous function) tribe-events-bar.min.js?ver=3.6.1:10
    n.event.dispatch jquery.js?ver=1.11.0:3
    r.handle jquery.js?ver=1.11.0:3
    n.event.trigger jquery.js?ver=1.11.0:3
    e.event.trigger jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.2.1:2
    (anonymous function) jquery.js?ver=1.11.0:3
    n.fn.extend.trigger jquery.js?ver=1.11.0:3
    l tribe-events-photo-view.min.js?ver=3.6.1:3
    (anonymous function) tribe-events-photo-view.min.js?ver=3.6.1:8
    a.extend.pre_ajax tribe-events-pro.min.js?ver=3.6.1:3
    (anonymous function) tribe-events-photo-view.min.js?ver=3.6.1:8
    Uncaught SyntaxError: invalid date tribe-events.js?ver=3.6.1:200
    (anonymous function) tribe-events.js?ver=3.6.1:200
    (anonymous function) tribe-events-bar.min.js?ver=3.6.1:3
    s tribe-events-bar.min.js?ver=3.6.1:3
    (anonymous function) tribe-events-bar.min.js?ver=3.6.1:8

Barry

Hi – sorry to hear you’re hitting difficulties.

I see you noted having already run through the following troubleshooting steps which is great:

YES, I’ve deactivated all other plugins to check for a plugin conflict.
    YES, I’ve reverted to the 2011 default WordPress theme (with other plugins still deactivated) to check for a theme conflict.

In the first instance can you confirm if this allowed you to identify any conflicts, perhaps with your theme or another plugin?

michael albee
    Participant

I have deactivated and reverted back to the 2011 theme. There is a conflict between event calendar pro and the Elision by Qode theme that I’m using. I just can’t figure out where to start.

Barry

Hmm, well, just building off the invalid date aspect of the syntax error, I wonder if your theme includes a “poly-fill” and that it is misfiring/misbehaving.

For example, our date input includes some placeholder text reading Date – but not all browsers support placeholder attributes and so some themes ships with potentially clever scripts that simulate placeholders by actually populating the element with the value of the placeholder (and quickly removing it before the visitor navigates away so as not to cause issues like this one).

Sometimes of course these things fail. Can you enquire with your theme’s author/vendor and ask if this might be the case and if any such poly-fills can be turned off?

michael albee
    Participant

I have contacted the themes developers but haven’t heard back yet. The weird part is … If enable the classic header I have a better outcome. I can go to a particular week and then view in any of the view styles. But only after “searching” during a particular date.

Barry

OK, strange stuff. I definitely think we should wait out and see what the theme devs think, possibly they’ll be able to pin this down straight away especially if you let them know we suspect a poly-fill for placeholder atttributes is (potentially) to blame 🙂

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Ajax/Jquery conflict – Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid Date’ is closed to new replies.