Appearance of Events Widget on frontend

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Appearance of Events Widget on frontend

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    larrykaye
    Participant

Hi. I just purchased the Calendar Pro Version. I am not a developer or programmer, so very nontechnical here. I would like to find out if I can configure this so that my events widget just shows a list of upcoming events but no calendar on the home page. I do only about one event per month, and by showing the full calendar, it makes it look like nothing is really going on. A list will look better. Please help. Thanks. -Larry

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Larry,

Thanks for using the Events Calendar and I can help you out with this.

Have you tried using the “Events List” Widget instead of the mini calendar.

That one displays a list of Upcoming Events only.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks

larrykaye
    Participant

Thanks for your assistance. Where is the events list widget? Did that come as part of the Calendar Pro?

Brian
    Keymaster

It is in the Widget Section of WordPress Under Appearances.

It will look like this. You will have to drag it to the section you would like to show.

events-widgets

The Events List is apart of core Events Calendar.

Does that help?

larrykaye
    Participant

extremely helpful. thanks. I am nearly done with questions on this one. My events list does not include the year. If I start planning events into a successive year, will the program add a year to distinguish, or must I add that parameter myself? I don’t see where to do it. And, where would I change the color of the text output? My widgets have a light blue background and the test of the location of the venue is hard to read since it is coming in also as light blue?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello!
    Event with a year in the timestamp
    When an Event Starts showing for another year it will include the year. See the screenshot below:

event-lists

Custom CSS

where would I change the color of the text output? My widgets have a light blue background and the test of the location of the venue is hard to read since it is coming in also as light blue?

There are no options with the Events Calendar to change text colors. We provide a base theme and any modifications to get it to work with your site’s theme are typically up to you. We can provide some tips or some css to get you started. In this case you theme built with Canvas is making the link color blue.

To change it you are going to have to add this css to your theme or using a plugin such as Simple Custom CSS.

This will change the color to black, you can change the #000000 to the hexcode of the color you would like.

.tribe-events-adv-list-widget .location a {
    color: #000000;
    }

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

*I deleted your other post as it is a duplicate of this one.

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Appearance of Events Widget on frontend’ is closed to new replies.