Blank page after upgrade 2.0.4 to 2.0.5…

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Blank page after upgrade 2.0.4 to 2.0.5…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jean-Philippe
    Participant

Hi,
    We got a blank page on our site when we upgrade our event calendar to 2.0.5
    We are using php 5.3

Rob

Hi Jean-Philippe. Thanks for the heads up and sorry to hear you’re having issues with this. I’m not able to recreate on my environment, also running PHP 5.3…so I wonder if something else is up here. Have you checked whether you’re running the plugins out of sync (ie so both are on 2.0.5)?

Please also double check that you don’t have any older versions of the plugin active, and that you haven’t installed any other plugins that could be conflicting (testing the deactivation route is the best way to do so, I’ve found). If you want to give me a shout after doing that – assuming it’s still an issue – I’ll try and offer up what I can from there. Apologies for the inconvenience in then interim.

Jean-Philippe
    Participant

So when we activating the : The event calendar we got this error…
    Fatal error: Call to a member function add_cap() on a non-object in /var/www/…/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/the-events-calendar.class.php on line 698

After that we have a white blank page in admin and on client side… we need to remove the plugin…

Rob

Hey Jean-Philippe. Thanks for the heads up here. I checked this out with our dev team, and they were wondering whether it’s possible that you deleted the “Editor” role from your site?

In the current 2.0.5 release, there is an issue where that message will be generated if a user has deleted the Editor role from their list of capabilities. We’ll change that for the next release but let me know if that could be the cause of your issue here. In the interim the best way to fix it would be to either re-add the Editor role, or comment out the Editor capabilities block from lines 698-711.

Hope that helps and sorry I couldn’t offer up more. We’ll have a stable fix here included in 2.0.6.

Shaun
    Participant

I had this same issue. I had to comment out all of the roles as I changed the name of all of them (sans admin).

Rob

Thanks for confirming as much, Shaun. I’ve marked my last response as the “answer” since this seems to fix it for all the users who’ve raised a red flag so far. Let us know if you have any other issues down the road.

Jean-Philippe
    Participant

We have to comment out from line 698 to 792…
    Does we will have some problems to comment out these lines?

Rob

It should be fine, Jean-Philippe…assuming those lines are relevant to what is being discussed here.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Blank page after upgrade 2.0.4 to 2.0.5…’ is closed to new replies.