Break out single event leads to Page Not Found

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Break out single event leads to Page Not Found

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

When I break out a recurring event to edit a single instance, I’m getting a Page Not Found. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks.

Barry

That is strange – seems to work well for me locally, but perhaps you could point me to a live example on your site?

I do also appreciate you taking the time to deactivate all other plugins and switch to a default theme: can you confirm what the outcome of that test was? Did you additionally try visiting the Permalink Settings screen to refresh the rewrite rules? Sometimes that triggers a change that will correct any strange behaviour in relation to URLs.

Let us know!

Thanks for your reply – my test site is: http://ucch.tomatillodesign.com/events. You can find a a single event (broken out of a series) for Apr 21 – Monday Night Women’s Group (http://ucch.tomatillodesign.com/event/monday-night-womens-group-2014-04-21/). Also, I have tried re-saving and changing permalinks but no luck there. Thanks for your help…

Barry

How odd, but yes I can see it.

Are you in a position to see if you can replicate this with a fresh chain of test events (I can’t locally, but I may be missing a step – if you were able to detail exactly what actions you took when replicating that could definitely be helpful in pinning this down).

In terms of getting that event back into action, is it possible on this occasion to try editing the permalink in the event editor – then resave and see if it works then?

OK, narrowing it down here. I believe the problem is caused by a theme conflict (theme = “Real Church,” http://themes.goodlayers2.com/realchurch/). This theme comes with its own CPT of “Events.” Maybe that’s causing a conflict? I will ask their support team for help in disabling that CPT to see if that helps. Any ideas about how to proceed on this end? Thank you.

Barry

It’s not unlikely that is the problem, especially if they register a similar slug and rewrite rules along with their custom post type … do you need their own Event post type given you are using our plugin?

No, I do not want the theme’s “Events” – I want Modern Tribe’s Events! I’m trying to figure out how to disable or delete the theme’s events. I don’t know if you’ve run into this problem with other themes, if you have any guidance I’m still a PHP newbie so any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Barry

Probably – or hopefully – the relevant code can be cleanly and safely “knocked” out of the theme, by unhooking it or some similar process.

Just how cleanly this can be done is going to depend on the way the theme was written – I’d recommend approaching the theme author for this one as they will be in the best position to provide guidance for their own code 🙂

I received help from the theme authors. Just for others’ reference, here are two lines in theme functions.php that I commented out:
    //include_once($temp_root . ‘include/plugin/event-item.php’); // organize event element
    //include_once($temp_root . ‘include/event-option.php’); // meta of event post_type

Then I refreshed permalinks and so far it’s working perfectly. Thanks for your help.

Barry

Excellent – glad you figured it out (and thanks also for sharing the solution).

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed if we can help with anything else 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Break out single event leads to Page Not Found’ is closed to new replies.