Bridge theme javascript conflict

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Bridge theme javascript conflict

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jskk123
    Participant

I believe that the page animation javascript from the Bridge theme is conflicting with yours which causes the tri.be search bar (and some other things) to load improperly sometimes. Theme authors, Qode, say to disable page animations for the page that has the conflicting javascript. See this discussion below. But I can’t figure out how to get to the “page” mydomain.com/events on the admin side, for example, in order to do this. thoughts?
    here’s a conversation from their support forum that lists a similar issue:
    ——-
    Hello, I am experiencing pages not loading properly. It seems to be when I click a link in the primary navigation and I will get a blank white page. it is intermittent but frequent:

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0953hams6d

This was clicked from the events page to the testimonials page.

I am also getting loading issues with the Modern Tribe events plugin where it will interimittently load with the pinwheel incorrectly and has to be refreshed. I use this plugin on many other various sites and have not run into this issue:

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0623hald21

Thanks for any help.

5:56 on September 12, 2014

Qode Interactive
    Hi,

this is happening because you have page transitions enabled and you are using third party plugins that have their javascript that needs to be initialized on page load. When page transition event happens it doesn’t reload header and footer of requested page and that is where those scripts are included and that is why your pages where you have those plugins don’t get loaded. What you can do is disable page transitions for pages where you have those plugins and it will fix this issue. It can be done from page’s custom fields section. Here is a screenshot of that option:
    http://screencast.com/t/WMnCUS5NMO

Josh
    Participant

Hello jskk123,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I apologize for the inconvenience that this issue is causing. Our plugin relies heavily on AJAX and can sometimes experience conflicts with themes utilizing AJAX for these types of page transitions.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a “page” associated with the calendar that you can edit those theme specific settings on within your dashboard. However, there are a couple of options that you can pursue to get your theme working with our plugin.

1. <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>Is there a global setting for the theme to disable these animations? Disabling them globally should remove this conflict from the site. </span>
    2. Is there a filter that can be used for this setting that can be run in your functions.php file? You can then target event pages by using the “tribe_is_event_query” conditional to only disable those animations on pages generated by our plugin.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response however I hope this was able to point you in the right direction.

– Josh

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Bridge theme javascript conflict’ is closed to new replies.