Calendar not working for non-logged-in users

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar not working for non-logged-in users

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sfmade
    Participant

Having an issue with our calendar at http://www.sfmade.org/events/

Logged-in users can advance to next or previous months without issue, but for non-logged in users, the loading graphic comes up and spins and spins and spins.

Have not checked for plugin/theme conflict as the issue seems to be tied to being logged in or not.

Any and all assistance would be wonderful.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hey sfmade,

Sorry for the issue with the non-logged in user. I visited your site to help troubleshoot this and came up with this error in my console.

“TypeError: c.curCSS is not a function”

Look like it is coming from the Smart Slideshow Widget Plugin.

See if you can get that error resolved and if it fixes the issue.

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Thanks

sfmade
    Participant

Hi Brian, thanks for taking a look.
    The Smart Slideshow Widget is no longer being used on the site, and the c.curCSS also appears to be part of an old version of jQuery UI.
    We’ve disabled/deleted the plugin and updated jQuery UI -unfortunately it hasn’t changed the calendar hangup.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for solving those conflicts. I see they are gone as well. I tested out the site and see the issue is still there I also tried the map view and that is not working as well.

Since that was not the source of the problem can you please follow our Testing For Conflicts Guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/testing-for-conflicts/

If that does not reveal the conflict can you then also try these steps to setup debug on the site:

Can you please turn on the WordPress Debug and the Events Calendar Debug to see if we can get more information.

Events Debug
    Go to Events->Settings->Miscellaneous Settings

Then check Debug Mode

WordPress Debug
    Please follow the steps in the WordPress Debug Codex in the Example wp-config.php for Debugging section:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Please place that coding and go through the site as a regular user while visiting the map view and using the navigation.

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Thanks

sfmade
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok, that is good at least the issue is narrowed down.

The first thing I notice about that error is directory:

C:\xampp\htdocs\sfmade\wp-content\themes\SFMade\sfm_upgrade\functions.php on line 1023

That looks like the theme was modified and uploaded to a live server, but that reference is not updated and that is causing the issue.

Can you get the developer to go into the theme’s functions.php and fix these references? That should solve the issues.

Let me know if that works out.

sfmade
    Participant

Sorry, I’m working from a local server (which is behaving identically) and pasted from the local log file. The error on the live site is identical with the proper path:

[15-Oct-2014 18:49:08 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: post_type in /home1/sfmadeor/public_html/new/wp-content/themes/SFMade/sfm_upgrade/functions.php on line 1023
    [15-Oct-2014 18:49:08 UTC] The Events Calendar Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Oct, 15th at 06:10:08 pm

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok, then whatever is on line 1023 of the functions.php is causing the issue.

So I would start with fixing or removing that to solve the issue.  That is about all the support we can provide on theme conflicts and troubleshooting them, but if you fix that issue and there is still an issue please come back to us and we can try to work on the next step to resolve this.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar not working for non-logged-in users’ is closed to new replies.