Calendar on homepage of single page theme?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Calendar on homepage of single page theme?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michelle

Hello,
    <br>
    I have Events Calendar installed, and plan to purchase Events Calendar Pro along with Woo Commerce Tickets. Before purchasing though, I’d like to ensure that it’s capable of the functionality I want.
    <br>
    <br>
    I have a single page theme, and would like to integrate the calendar into the homepage (not a sidebar or url redirect). From my research it looks like I would need to use the experimental plugin Event Rocket to do this, is that true? This is the only reason I plan to purchase Events Calendar PRO; in order to use the shortcodes from Event Rocket. Is there another way to do this?
    <br>
    <br>
    Additionally, I’d love to feature the events (shows) listing on the homepage in the form of images with a small amount of text below. For example, something like a 3×3 grid of images with a short description below each, and a link saying “read more” which would take them to the event listing page. For the time being, I have implemented this with a Blog Post Grid or Portfolio Grid (for the shows). I would be awesome if the combination of your plugins, Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO/WooTickets/Event Rocket, would allow for this kind of functionality.

Geoff

Hi there, Michelle! Thanks for getting in touch. These are great questions, so let’s tackle them one at a time.

have a single page theme, and would like to integrate the calendar into the homepage (not a sidebar or url redirect). From my research it looks like I would need to use the experimental plugin Event Rocket to do this, is that true?

Yes, that is correct. We don’t currently provide shortcodes right out of the box, but the Event Rocket plugin will make that work. Event Rocket is a third-party plugin we don’t officially support, but I have seen it used to do this successfully and have used it myself. It’s a nice plugin. šŸ™‚

Additionally, Iā€™d love to feature the events (shows) listing on the homepage in the form of images with a small amount of text below.

The core plugin comes with a couple of different event views (month and list) and PRO adds a few more (week, map, photo). It sounds like you might be interested in the photo view (see this screenshot), but it’s also possible to create your own custom layouts by creating theme overrides. I’d suggest checking out our Themer’s Guide to get an idea of all the ways that the calendar can be customized to fit your needs. There’s a section specifically on customizing templates that you might find interesting.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. šŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Michelle

That does answer my questions, and the photo view is exactly what I need.

Thanks Geoff!

Geoff

Awesome, I’m so glad that helped! Thanks for confirming the answer. šŸ™‚

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up if any other questions pop up.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar on homepage of single page theme?’ is closed to new replies.