Calendar Page Title Showing As Event Title

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Page Title Showing As Event Title

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    katehorsley
    Participant

Hi!
    We’ve just bought the Pro version of the Events Calendar. We love the Events Calendar and it’s added a lot of functionality to our site – which uses the ‘Extinct’ theme – but we have a problem:

The Calendar displays the next upcoming event as the page title instead of a page title of our choosing, such as ‘Events Calendar’:

http://www.thevictorianphotographer.com/events/

At the moment it says ‘Workshop in the South of France’ at the top of the page. We would really like to change this.

We’ve spent many many hours trying to fix this and looked at all the available threads without finding a solution that works for us. We have also searched through all the relevant threads in this forum for a solution. We’ve been through php files in the theme and in the plug-in and tried adding in additional code recommended on your site, but nothing works.

Many thanks in advance for your help – please let us know if you need any more information.

Best wishes,
    Kate

Geoff

Hi there, Kate! Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums! We’re stoked you’re enjoying the plugin so far, but sorry to hear you’re hitting some trouble. Let’s see if we can figure it out together. 🙂

Interesting! This is definitely the expected behavior of the plugin and I wonder if there’s a theme conflict at play. Could you try temporarily activating the default Twenty Thirteen theme, to see if the issue happens there as well?

If disabling the theme fixes it, that’s good news! It means we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict.

If the issue is still there when using the default Twenty Thirteen theme, then we can try testing for conflicts with other installed plugins. Using the Twenty Thirteen, please try deactivating all of your plugins, except for the ones from Modern Tribe. Does that solve the problem? If so, reactivate the plugins one at a time until the issue pops back up, then tell me which one was causing the issue.

These steps are also outlined here if you want some more details on how to test for conflicts.

Give those steps a shot and let me know what you find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

katehorsley
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    many thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I really appreciate it 🙂 I tried temporarily activating the default Twenty Thirteen theme, as you suggested, and disabling the theme fixes the issue. So does this mean it’s a theme conflict? What should I do next?
    Many thanks!
    Kate

Geoff

Hi there, Kate! Thanks for following up and great job testing. 🙂

When something like this crops up, the best route is typically to contact the theme author. If this was happening in the default WordPress theme, that would tell us that there is something buggy with the plugin that goes against standard WordPress functionality. But since the issue seems to be at the theme level, it’s best to solve it there instead.

One alternative is to create a copy of your theme’s header, replace the page title, then override the events template so it uses the new header instead.

I’m afraid we’re pretty limited in our ability to support custom development like this, but our Themer’s Guide will help walk you through the process of overriding the events template. In this case, you would create a copy of the default-template.php file (located at /plugins/the-events-calendar/views/). Once you drop that in your theme files, you can customize it from there.

Does that make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Kate! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Page Title Showing As Event Title’ is closed to new replies.