Calendar prompts for authentication

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar prompts for authentication

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Amy
    Participant

I just protected my wp-admin folder using htpasswd and now the calendar prompts for authentication for anonymous browsers. Any advice on how I can resolve this?

Barry

The plugin loads some resources from the wp-admin directory (such as the wpspin_light.gif graphic) and so you’d need to either add an exception or use a different means of protecting the wp-admin directory.

Barry

(Just to elaborate a little on the above) it’s not only the spinner graphic that will cause problems here.

Following WordPress best practices some amount of communication also typically flows through a controller which lives in wp-admin – so this will also be impeded by the use of .htpasswd.

Amy
    Participant

Thanks for the speedy response. I know how to write the exceptions, so I will just need to figure out which files are being used by the plugin.

Amy
    Participant

Thanks so much for your help. I figured it out. Here is what I added to my .htaccess file (located in the wp-admin directory):

Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    Satisfy any

Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    Satisfy any

Amy
    Participant

I did not realize that the code I posted in the above reply would be stripped out. Sorry about that!

I had to enter exceptions for two files: admin-ajax.php and wpspin_light.gif. This solved the issue.

Barry

No worries, we’ve got a plan in the works to remedy the problem with posting code in the forum but we haven’t rolled it out yet – until that day it’s best to use Pastebin, Gist or one of the other code sharing services.

… And thank you for posting back with the solution, even if some of it was (unfortunately) stripped out!

Amy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Amy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Amy
    Participant

Here is link to the solution on Gist: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/5407769.

I hope that this helps!

Barry

Great – do you have any objection to me sharing that gist publicly at all?

Barry

OK, posted at the same time there. Thanks again 🙂

Amy
    Participant

I wanted to make sure that the link actually worked before I posted it publicly. 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar prompts for authentication’ is closed to new replies.