Calendar Vs Event List

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Vs Event List

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Eugen
    Participant

Hello

I posted this question two days ago and no answer yet… How often is the forum checked?

I would like to have the possibility to have the events display in Calendar format. However, when I choose that, NOTHING is displayed.

Advice?

Thank you

Barry

Hi Eugen, sorry for the delay.

Please note however that we don’t operate 24/7. (Although there might be one or two exceptions where you get lucky) we typically keep a normal working week and, within that constraint, try to reply to customers within 24hrs of them posting here on the forum.

I would like to have the possibility to have the events display in Calendar format. However, when I choose that, NOTHING is displayed.

OK, so I visited your site using the URL you supplied when you created this thread but couldn’t locate your events pages. Can you provide a URL either to the page that ought to house your calendar view, or else to the upcoming events list, or even to a single event?

Also, I notice your site seems to operate in two languages. Can you confirm if you are using a multi-language plugin to facilitate this (and, if so, which one are you using)?

Thanks!

Eugen
    Participant

Hey Barry

THank you for your reply.
    The link would be http://www.eugenpopa.com/events
    I use WPML plugin for multiple languages

Thank you

Barry

OK – and if you login and visit Events > Settings > General what is Default view for the Events set to?

Eugen
    Participant

Right now it is set to Event List.
    If it makes any difference, the Show Events Calendar Link is also checked.

Thank you

Barry

Can you also let me know which template you are using (and can you try changing this to Default Events Template if you haven’t already done so, otherwise try a few other settings)?

The relevant admin page is Events > Settings > Template.

Eugen
    Participant

Right now it is default Page template.
    If I put default events everything gets messed up…

Eugen
    Participant

I put it now on the Event Default Page for you to take a look
    http://www.eugenpopa.com/events

Barry

Thanks Eugen.

I think to bring the default event page into line we’d need to make a few changes to your custom ecp-page-template.php (please see our themer’s guide and tutorial on template overrides for more on this, if you’re interested).

Otherwise I suspect we might need to add some new CSS rules to make the default page template play nicely … could I ask you to switch things back so I can take another look at that?

With all that said, though, I’m worried that the month view is inaccesible due to a conflict with WPML. I’m just chatting with other members of the team about that to see what we might be able to do there.

Are you in a position to (temporarily) deactivate WPML, flush the permalinks (by logging in and visiting Settings > Permalinks – you don’t actually have to save or change anything) then test if the month view becomes accessible? That would just help to narrow down the problem.

Eugen
    Participant

Hey Barry

I deactivated WPML (didn\’t know how to flush permalinks though) and then I checked the events page. It looked messy.
    I turned the WPML back on and then selected the Default Page Setting and now it looks ok.
    ANother issue is that it shows only 2 events, but I have three and more in the making.
    Would it be easier/faster for you if I would give you the login to the site and you enter and fix it like that?

Thank you

Eugen
    Participant

Hey Barry,

Let me know when you have some CSS for me 🙂

Thank you

Barry

I was just taking another look, I think you’ve got an error relating to a different plugin though that makes it difficult to assess how things look:

http://eugenpopa.com/events/month/

Also, what’s confusing me on this page (which seems to be your upcoming events view) is that, default page template or not, elements of markup I’d expect to see are missing.

Have you made any customizations? What happens if you take things back to a basic state by deactivating all other plugins and switching to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Eleven or Twenty Twelve – does The Events Calendar work as you would expect then?

If so, can you reactivate everything one-by-one and figure out what components might be causing problems? I’m basically wondering if there are a number of different conflicts going on here.

Eugen
    Participant

Ok
    I can play with the plugins and turn them off/on and see what gives and will get back to you.

Thank you

Barry

Great, look forward to hearing from you.

Eugen
    Participant

Ok

I just did it. Deactivate ALL the plugins.
    I have two Event Tribe plugins.
    The The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRo.
    If I deactivate The Events Calendar, then nohting will show so I have to have BOTH of them installed and active (that is weird right?).

So, with both of them active, the Default Events Page still looks bad.

Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Vs Event List’ is closed to new replies.