Calendar Vs Event List

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Vs Event List

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Barry

Yep you’re right, sorry I should have been clearer – there was no need to deactivate The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO, both need to be active.

One thing I’m not clear on is, did you try switching to a default, unmodified theme like Twenty Eleven? I’m still curious as to why the “Events List” and “Calendar” buttons aren’t showing here.

Are you also aware of the error displaying here? Seems to relate to a different plugin (“Exponent Web Media Pinterest?”) but it’s impacting on an events page, so it’s worth taking note of.

Eugen
    Participant

Hey Barry
    I am aware of the Pinterest issue.
    I can use the twenty ten template if you. Should I do that disabling ALL the plugins again?

Barry

Yes, please deactivate all other plugins (except for The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO) and switch to a default, unmodified theme 🙂

Eugen
    Participant

ok
    check back in 1 min

Eugen
    Participant

Done

Eugen
    Participant

Please let me know when you are done with it as I do not wish to keep my site with that template for long

Thank you

Eugen
    Participant

I just selected now to see the events page in calendar view and it shows a bunch of errors

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/eugenpop/public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 1039

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/eugenpop/public_html/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 1039

Warning: in_array() [

And it goes on and on like that

Barry

Yep, I noticed that and am discussing it with the team right now. Please do bear with me and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can (which may be Monday of next week, at this point).

Eugen
    Participant

Ok
    Thank you for the heads up.
    I appreciate it.

Thank you

Barry

(And thank you for running through those steps. I appreciate you wouldn’t want to keep the site in that state.)

It would be really useful to learn more about your hosting environment, if you aren’t adverse to sharing this information could you point us to the hosting company/package you are using.

If you are happy to share this information but would rather not do so publicly, please email me at [email protected] instead, marking your email for my attention.

Eugen
    Participant

Will email you now.

Thank you

Barry

Hi Eugen. Although when you switched to a default theme a different error occurred, everything else seemed to work correctly.

What I’m unclear on is if this problem happens only with your theme or if another plugin is impacting. When you reactivated everything did you do so one component at a time and if so were you able to isolate the source of the problem to your theme or to a specific plugin?

Eugen
    Participant

Hey Barry
    So, All plugins OFF.
    Keeping my theme (personality theme from gabfire), Calendar does NOT look perfect. Please refer to the screenshots I provided provided:

http://imageshack.us/a/img805/7413/screenshot20130223at123.png
    http://imageshack.us/a/img856/7413/screenshot20130223at123.png

So that means that from the get go, the Events Calendar does not fit perfectly with the theme. I would say that that should be our starting point.

THoughts?

Thank you

Eugen
    Participant

Again, tested
    Plugins = Off
    Theme = TwentyEleven
    List view – OK
    Calendar view = Mess

Please see the printscreen:
    http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4205/calendarview.png

Barry

OK, so your initial problem was that the calendar (month) view wouldn’t show up:

I would like to have the possibility to have the events display in Calendar format. However, when I choose that, NOTHING is displayed.

If that is resolved – or you’ve confirmed that another plugin rather than your theme is causing the problem – then we can get cracking with your theme.

So that means that from the get go, the Events Calendar does not fit perfectly with the theme. I would say that that should be our starting point.

OK, so can you send across your theme so I can take a look ([email protected], marking your email for my attention and linking to this thread)? Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Vs Event List’ is closed to new replies.