Calendar Widget links not working, even after applying the usual fix

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Widget links not working, even after applying the usual fix

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Timothy Lindsay
    Participant

I’ve seen many posts here explaining how to make the Calendar Widget links work properly – here’s one: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/calendar-widget-issue/#post-109153

I’ve followed the instructions here but unfortunately the links are still not working.

I’m working locally at the moment, so I can’t provide a URL to test, but I’ve submitted a link to a pastie with the HTML output.

Let me know if you need any more info, thanks!

Timothy Lindsay
    Participant

Upon further inspection, it appears I’ve got multiple instances of jQuery loaded, which I’m sure can’t be helping the situation. I’ll try fixing this first.

Timothy Lindsay
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Sorry to hear you’re hitting difficulties.

Given what you’ve described can we try our standard troubleshooting steps to see if a particular plugin or perhaps your theme is conflicting?

Could you deactivate everything except The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO and switch to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Thirteen – then see if the problem still persists? Assuming it does not, start reactivating everything and test at each stage to see if the problem has returned.

This is a great way to zero in on any conflicts.

Let me know how you get on!

Timothy Lindsay
    Participant

Hi Barry, thanks for getting back to me.

I disabled all plugins except for my Modern Tribe ones (The Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro, and Filter Bar). I then emptied and disabled caches in the browser. At this point, the calendar widget links were still not working. I couldn’t click through to other months, or show events for a specific day.

As soon as I switched to the twentythirteen theme, the calendar links work again.

I reactivated all the plugins one by one, the calendar links still worked.

As soon as I switched back to my theme, the links stopped working.

What could it be about my theme that is causing the problem? Unfortunately I didn’t develop it myself, and the developer is not currently available, so it could be difficult to track down. Any hints you could give me would be appreciated.

Barry

It’s difficult to say, particularly as you seem to be developing locally. Are you able to copy your site to a remote location so you can share a URL?

Timothy Lindsay
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for sharing!

The problem seems to be that the script used to power the calendar is absent. Does your theme include a wp_footer() call? That’s a basic requirement that would need to be in place.

Though theme’s can have widely varying structures, you might expect to see this in the footer.php template – can you check that out and potentially add it if it is missing?

Timothy Lindsay
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Bingo! That’s fixed it. Many thanks!

Barry

Awesome, glad we got there!

I’ll go ahead and close this topic since it sounds like everything is now sorted – but if anything else crops up that we might be able to help with please do go ahead and create a new topic and one of the team will be happy to help 🙂

Also, if you have a moment, we’d love to hear your thoughts on The Events Calendar over on our review page. Thanks again!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Widget links not working, even after applying the usual fix’ is closed to new replies.