Calendar with appointment feature wish list

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Calendar with appointment feature wish list

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Julie

I volunteered to create a site for a small club of water dog trainers. We own lakeside property and we would like the ability to reserve 4 hr or half day “appointments” for access to our water site. We will need a Calendar page where members can book themselves “water time slots” It is very important for all club members to be able to view who has booked water time and when and what they will be training for. (so some way to include detailed notes on calendar view perhaps)

Ideally I would like to limit each 4 hr time slot to 8 dogs but that is not as important as above.

I need my very non-technical members to be able to book there one time on the calender easily with me having to train them etc.

Do you have a plugin that will work for all of my needs
    without requiring coding to customize?

Leah

Hi Julie,

Although we do have ticketing plugins that could be used to do some of this, what you really need is a booking plugin. We want to make one in the future, but unfortunately I don’t think we can meet your needs without a lot of customizing. The main thing missing is that our calendar and ticketing plugins would not show who had registered for a given event. I’m sorry I don’t have happier new for you.

Best,

Leah

Julie

Thanks Leah. I’ve been poking around for other options and have another question. Could I use you “community events” plugin to allow my club members to “book” their own water time by creating their own “event” Given my wish list stated above, what would be the limitations or downside to my proposed work around? There are plenty of booking and appointment plugins out there but i have not found one that lets the appointment schedule be publicly viewable. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Leah

Hi Julie,

You could potentially use Community Events that way, although it purpose it was designed for. It’s a quite creative use for it really! I recommend that you look over the screenshots on the Community Events product page to make sure it wouldn’t be too cumbersome for your users. You could also go through the submission form on our demo site here (do note that you’ll need to register for the site first).

There are a few limitations that may or may not prove an issue for you. One is that the users could potentially pick any time they wanted for their event- including times when you’re not open/available, or times that other users had already “booked.” You can set Community Events so that all submitted events are held for approval, so that might be a way to make sure nothing got booked without being approved by an admin. Might that system work for you?

Best,

Leah

Leah

Please note this thread will no longer be monitored: if we can help with any other questions, please create a new thread!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar with appointment feature wish list’ is closed to new replies.