Can ECPro + WooTickets handle this kind of event?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Can ECPro + WooTickets handle this kind of event?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gilles

I would like to know if Events Calendar Pro + WooTickets is suitable for my needs.

I am organizing a weekend dance workshop event with evening dances. Here are the details on the dance event:
    1) The whole event starts on Friday night and ends on Sunday night.
    2) There are four different kinds of full weekend passes that people can register for based on their dance level. This includes all evening dances (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and daytime dance workshops Saturday and Sunday.
    3) There is a full weekend dance only pass for evening dances on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
    4) There are Friday dance passes, Saturday dance passes, and Sunday dance passes.
    5) There may be Saturday daytime workshop + evening dance passes, and Sunday daytime workshop + evening dance passes.

Would Events Calendar Pro be suitable for this type of event? How would I go about defining the different options and prevent customers from selecting incompatible options?

Thank you,
    Gilles

Gilles

Forgot to add that the full weekend passes prices vary both based on availability and dates. That is the first so many tickets start at the lower prices, then the next so many tickets get a slightly higher prices, then the price increases every so often as we get closer to the event.

Gilles

Gilles

By the way, if you tell me that for instance I need to manipulate the ticket in php using this or that function, I can do that.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Gilles,

Thanks for the interest in our plugins and WooCommerce Tickets

I can help answer your questions.

You have a complex arrangement of tickets and I do not think WooCommerce Tickets will work out for you without some major customization that we cannot provide.

Our ticketing framework makes tickets that can be placed in events, each ticket is independent of the others you create in an event and we do not have a feature where if you add one ticket to a cart you could not add another.

We do make our plugins customizable and that is something you can try to attempt, but we can only help get you started or provide a pointer for the most part it is up to you.

If you watch our New User Primer for WooCommerce Tickets it shows you exactly what it can do.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/wootickets-new-user-primer/

We interested in making our ticketing solution more robust so, If you would like to request that feature please head to our UserVoice Page and add your own or upvote that feature as they will increase the chances of it being added to a future version.

http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Gilles

Hi Brian,

Okay let me ask the question another way then. If I manipulate the prices using woocommerce hooks, am I going to mess up what events calendar and woocommerce tickets are doing?

Or in other words, do you see anything in your frameworks that would prevent me from doing all those optimizations?

Gilles (with two Ls)

Brian
    Keymaster

Gilles,

See my answer below:

if I manipulate the prices using woocommerce hooks, am I going to mess up what events calendar and woocommerce tickets are doing?

The ticket framework should still work if you use WooCommerce hooks to change prices as we follow those same hooks for the tickets add on.

However, there could be unforeseen issues that come up that prevent it from working. It is hard to give a concrete answer on a customization like this without really doing it ourselves.

So it should work, but we cannot guarantee it will.

Does that make sense?

Brian
    Keymaster

Closing out this ticket, but if you have any other questions please feel free to create a new one.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Can ECPro + WooTickets handle this kind of event?’ is closed to new replies.