Can one prevent the creation of "Unnamed Venue"s?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can one prevent the creation of "Unnamed Venue"s?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

When I create an event and fail to choose a venue from the drop-down list or create a new venue, ECPro (currently 2.0.8) creates a new venue called “Unnamed Venue”. I don’t want it to do this; my events list now has dozens of duplicate venues called “Unnamed Venue”. I want to force the user to select an appropriate venue, or create a new one. Is there an option for this somewhere that I’ve missed?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Peter,

Currently this is how the plugin operates but I agree that something is not right with this way of doing things. I’ve brought it up to the team and we will look at changing this behavior in a future version. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Cheers,
    Jonah

Sheila
    Participant

Just wanting to add my vote for this feature!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi all,

In the latest release of the plugins, it should no longer create un Unnamed Venue as long as none of the fields are populated for a new Venue. Please make sure you are running the latest version of the plugin(s) (2.0.9) and let me know if this is not the way it’s working for you.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Mike
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    Any way to prevent an Unnamed Venue from being created while cognizant of Default Address Content? I’ve provided a default State and Country value, which is why I’m assuming “Unnamed Venue” is still being created. Using current version of plugin.

Thanks!

Rob

Hey Mike! We can definitely try to help you out here, but would you mind posting a new thread summarizing the scope of your problem? Since this thread is a couple years old there is a lot that has changed in the codebase and I worry we’d create extra confusion tacking your concern onto an existing thread.

Thanks in advance. We’ll hit your new thread in as timely a fashion as possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Can one prevent the creation of "Unnamed Venue"s?’ is closed to new replies.