cannot import website in 3.8

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO cannot import website in 3.8

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    screenrage
    Participant

Maybe I misunderstood but I thought v3.8 supports importing of website addresses in both events and venues. Well neither one is working. I see all the standard fields but it does not recognizer a website heading.

Geoff

Hey there, Jake! Thanks for getting in touch.

Yes, importing the event web address with the CSV importer was added in 3.8. However, importing the venue web address was not. I can see how that would be confusing. Here are the full release notes for 3.8 for reference.

It’s definitely odd that the event website would not import for you. Are you using a column in your CSV filed called “Event Website” and were you able to match it up to the correct column on import? It should display in the “Event Website” section in the single event editing screen after import (screenshot).

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Jake! Just checking in to see if there’s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

screenrage
    Participant

Yes it is labeled correctly but it never lets me map it during import. All other fields work fine except for website.

Geoff

Thanks for following up and sorry this is still an issue for you.

Just to confirm, you are importing Events when running the importer, correct? There are other options to import Venues and Organizers (which both do not map websites), so I just want to make sure that’s what we’re working with.

I created a set of test events in a CSV file that I was able to successfully import and map the websites to. You are free to download it (I’ll keep it posted for this conversation) to see if it works for you as well. If it does, then that will help confirm a formatting issue with the spreadsheet you’re using. If not, we may need to explore testing for other conflicts.

Also, we released 3.8.1 for both TEC and PRO yesterday. Please update to the latest versions and see if that does anything to help resolve the issue.

Give those a try and let me know what you find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Jake! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new a new thread and we’ll help you out. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘cannot import website in 3.8’ is closed to new replies.