Cannot update The Events Calendar PRO to 3.7

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Cannot update The Events Calendar PRO to 3.7

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    game123
    Participant

I am getting this error message when trying to update to the latest version of The Events Calendar PRO:
    “Updating Plugin The Events Calendar PRO (1/1)</br>
    Downloading update from http://tri.be?pu_request_plugin=events-calendar-pro&version=3.7&pu_get_download=1&pue_active_version=3.6.1&pu_install_key&#8230;..
    An error occurred while updating The Events Calendar PRO: Download failed. Bad Request.”

I also have this error message:
    “The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.6.1. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Want to pair an older version?”

Would there be any reason for me receiving this or is there any suggestions to fix the errors?

Thanks

Barry

I’m sorry you’re hitting difficulties here.

One possibility is that due to a file permissions issue the download can’t be saved in your temp directory or moved to the content directory; but there could be other possibilities.

In the short term would it be possible for you to update manually, simply by grabbing a fresh .zip for Events Calendar PRO (from this page) then unzipping it locally and uploading it via FTP … or some other similar means?

If not, definitely let me know and we can explore other options πŸ™‚

pixie
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue. It shows me I have v3.6.1 but on top it say:

The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.6.1. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Want to pair an older version?

When I click on ‘Want to pair an older version? it brings me to the following link but I’m not sure what to do from there onwards. I’m not tech savvy so please stick to plain english when responding πŸ™‚

Thanks mucho

https://theeventscalendar.com/version-relationships-in-modern-tribe-pluginsadd-ons/?utm_campaign=in-app&utm_medium=plugin-tec&utm_source=notice

pixie
    Participant

Hello there!

Im still waiting to hear from someone here?

Thanks

pixie
    Participant

Hi again,

I updated wordpress and now I’m getting a new message from you.

“There is an update available for The Events Calendar PRO but your license key is out of installs. Visit the Modern Tribe website to manage your installs, upgrade your license, or purchase a new one.”

I bought this a few weeks/a month ago so how come my license key is out of installs? Please help.

Thanks,
    Puja

Barry

Hi Puja,

I do apologize for missing your post (and thanks for the prompt on Twitter!) … unfortunately, a glitch in our forum tools – since fixed – stopped us from being notified when someone other than the original poster updated a thread.

That said, we do typically ask that you create a new thread of your own wherever possible. That’s not necessary on this occasion, the last thing I want it to delay you further, but it can avoid confusion especially if the person originally seeking help is actually facing a different underlying problem or is at a different stage in the troubleshooting process.

β€œThere is an update available for The Events Calendar PRO but your license key is out of installs. Visit the Modern Tribe website to manage your installs, upgrade your license, or purchase a new one.”

I bought this a few weeks/a month ago so how come my license key is out of installs? Please help.

If you’ve used your license key on more than one domain and in so doing have exceeded the number of sites permitted by your license this might occur. It could be you’re basically running it on the same site but changed the domain, or it could even potentially be that you initially made use of the www subdomain (ie, your site was http://www.example.com) but you subsequently removed that and used the domain by itself, or something else of that order.

Whatever the case, what I’d suggest in the first instance is visiting our license key management page then clearing one or more entries. Once that’s done, return to your site and re-enter the license key or, if it’s already present, try re-saving the page.

Does that help at all?

gaylenevandusen
    Participant

I am having what I think is the same problem as Game123 above. I am trying to update and get the following message: Downloading update from http://tri.be?pu_request_plugin=events-calendar-pro&version=3.7&pu_get_download=1&pue_active_version=3.5.2&pu_install_key=…
    Download failed.
    I see Barry’s response, but unfortunately I am a neophyte and don’t understand how once I’ve downloaded & unpacked I should upload it to my wordpress account. I don’t understand how you can release a new version that is not downloadable. It’s been a month since the first posting…isn’t there a solution yet?

Barry

Please create a new thread of your own and one of the team will be happy to assist!

I appreciate the problems all seem related, but threads quickly become very confusing where there is more than one user all at different stages in the troubleshooting process.

Thanks!

pixie
    Participant

Hi Barry yes that worked. Thanks a lot. I’ll create another thread for my other query.

Barry

Excellent, I’m glad it worked out πŸ™‚

With that in mind and since it’s been quite a while since your last update (@game123) I’ll go ahead and close this thread – as ever if we can help anyone with any further issues please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed – thanks again!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot update The Events Calendar PRO to 3.7’ is closed to new replies.