can't change spacing in event widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO can't change spacing in event widget

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, my site is here: maineirish.com. I have the event list widget on the home page & I can’t for the life of me change the spacing between event items. This is my best guess but it does not work:
    .tribe-events-adv-list-widget ol li {
    margin-bottom:15px !important;
    }
    Any ideas for me? Thanks

Josh
    Participant

Hello maineirishheritagecenter,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I just checked out your site and it does appear that there is a 30px bottom margin being applied to that list on your site. I assume you were able to get this figured out? If you’re still not seeing that change take place, try clearing your browser cache to make sure you’re not seeing an old version of the site.

Thanks!

No it’s not an old version of the site. I am having trouble overriding the default styles for the list widget. I tried in my styles.css but it is overridden by the default styles for the widget. What is the best way to override events calendar pro default styles in my child theme?
    On Sep 15, 2014, at 10

cbgcwebmaster
    Participant

Love to know the answer to this as well. My site has the same problem.
    http://saturatecolorado.com/
    It is causing the link underlines to bleed onto the line below. Thanks for the help!

Josh
    Participant

Thanks for following up!

I may be misunderstanding but the customization you describe in your original message is showing up on your site when I visit the page.

Anyways, we do have several style options under the “Display” tab within the plugin settings. These let you determine how much of the calendar’s styling will be controlled by the plugin and how much will be defined by you via your theme. You can try the different options there along with the styles in your theme to see if that gets you the control that you’re looking for.

For CSS classes and overwriting in your theme, it is best to get just slightly more specific than the styles used within the plugin’s CSS. So, when editing an element, you can find how it is being targeted within the plugin and add a layer of specificity when styling it in your theme. For example, you could add a div ID where a class is used or preface the element with “body” to get your theme to overwrite the plugin styles. This will be cleaner than having “!important” used throughout your CSS file.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response however I hope this was able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you. We like to close tickets after they’ve been inactive for a while. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new ticket.
    Thanks!

– Josh

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘can't change spacing in event widget’ is closed to new replies.