Catchable fatal error when no events in category

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Catchable fatal error when no events in category

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mastafu
    Participant

Another bug after 3.2
    When there is no events in the category, we get this.
    Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in C:\xampp\htdocs\vivatoutest\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\lib\tribe-template-factory.class.php on line 265

Checked on the fresh install with default templates.

yvrmark
    Participant

I am experiencing the exact same problem with categories without events. Very frustrating as Google isn’t liking it very much. The only thing to do is turn-off those categories.

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/tribe-template-factory.class.php on line 265

mastafu
    Participant

Critical bug with no response after couple of days makes me so angry that this is last time I bought this buggy peace of software from You guys.

yvrmark
    Participant

I agree, very frustrating. I have suggested that releases don’t happen just before a long weekend. As someone who works at a major software company it is pretty basic stuff. You ramp up for potential problems with a new release, not down…

mastafu
    Participant

Plus even if you mess up. You react quickly with a small patch, given to those who ask in the forum. You don’t tell them to wait for another couple of weeks when the 3.3 is released … this is just not the way You do serious business.
    How can you leave your customers with critical error this and other I have submitted for such a long time ???

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, mastafu and yvrmark. Thank for your reports of this.

I apologize for the delay in replying. Please remember that we generally have a 24 hour response time and because of the long weekend here in the US, today is the first workday since Friday.

That said, we’re doing our best to get to the bottom of this. I will update the thread when we have a solution for you to try.

Thanks for your patience!

Rob

Hey folks: as we try to be clear about upfront on the main support page, the most we can guarantee is a 24-hour response time during the business week. Since this thread was posted on a Friday and the business week didn’t resume until today, it wasn’t likely we’d see/reply to this any earlier. Apologies that we failed to communicate that effectively.

As for the release process: we try to provide snippets for a workaround solution when we can. But some situations are simply too big to be handled by a snippet. In situations that absolutely warrant it we will release a hotfix, but for the most part we try to bundle our releases into the monthly builds (so the maximum amount of development resources can go towards each). We definitely agree about the pitfalls of releasing before the weekend, which is why we pushed these Wednesday afternoon – so there’d be plenty of time to address threads in the couple days post-launch.

Kelly noted above that she’s going to look into this issue for you and try to get a resolution of some kind. But the comments here are definitely verging on disrespectful, and I want to make sure that we’re all on the same page — and that the tone remains respectful — going forward. If you guys can’t agree to that or if our timetable isn’t ambitious enough, I’m afraid I’ll have to insist we refund your money so you can find a better solution. I really hope it doesn’t come to that though.

Sorry we let you both down. We’ll do our best to get this sorted as quickly as possible.

yvrmark
    Participant

Rob, your comment is unwarranted. Please point out where in my posts I am “verging on disrespectful”?
    As for releasing on the Wednesday, it does take a couple days for these major bugs to be identified and from the explosion of posts in the support forums after this release it is evident there were not just a few. I was simply suggesting best practices.

Rob

Hey Mark. No disrespect intended to you; just wanted to follow-up in my last post to ensure the team is being treated right.

I appreciate your feedback on release dates though. As I mentioned in another thread where you made a similar comment, we won’t be releasing on weeks before a holiday weekend going forward to avoid this type of disappointment.

mastafu
    Participant

Rob and Kelly, You and me know that software development is not a easy task. Especially plugins that are later being used in clients websites.
    Unfortunately, if you decide to go commercial it brings certain responsibilities and those are to maintain the product and to support clients after major updates (like 3.2).

So please get your self together and hotfix our critical bugs in next couple of days.

Chris
    Participant

Hi there,
    Mustafo, Per our discussion on another thread, I’m going to close this thread.

Mark, be aware we are working on a fix, and we’ll update this thread as it develops

-Chris

Barry

Just wanted to add that this should be fixed as of the next maintenance release. If you feel comfortable doing so then as a temporary workaround you can replace the-events-calendar/lib/tribe-template-factory.class.php with this alternative version.

Though such a change will be wiped when next you update, the next update ought to incorporate the same fix so there should be no problem. I hope that helps – and apologies for the inconvenience.

Leah

Hey there,

I just wanted to let you know that a fix for this issue is included in our upcoming version 3.3. Keep an eye out on your WordPress Plugins page for an update. Thanks for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Leah

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Catchable fatal error when no events in category’ is closed to new replies.