Change order of meta fields and custom fields

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Change order of meta fields and custom fields

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Lewis
    Participant

We added some custom fields under “other” and we would like for them to display after the “details” meta field but before the “location” meta field. I tried deciphering the theme files to figure out how to reorder them, but couldn’t figure out which file to edit. Is there a simple way to reorder the fields either through the settings, editing the plugin files, or adding a function? Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hello santafeplayhouse,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You can override the template for the event details by using the Themer’s Guide to copy the “views” -> “modules” -> “meta.php” file into your theme and changing the order of the way items are output there.

Hopefully this should get you pointed in the right direction. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Jennifer Lewis
    Participant

Thank you. I looked through that file, but I cannot figure out which line is calling for the ‘other’ custom field option that Events Calendar Pro offers. I see the ‘details’, ‘map’, and ‘organizer’, but I cannot figure which line I would rearrange in order for ‘other’ to come before ‘map’.

Josh
    Participant

Hello santafeplayhouse,

Thanks for following up with us!

The “Other” section which includes the Additional Fields information hooks into the previously mentioned template at the:

do_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_meta_primary_section_end' );

h0ok. So, you can move the sections around the “Other” section by moving them around this hook within the file. Again, you’ll only want to modify this file once it’s been copied to your theme using our Themer’s Guide.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Change order of meta fields and custom fields’ is closed to new replies.