Changing the Date Display

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Changing the Date Display

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dealerdan
    Participant

Not sure if this is a bug or what 🙂 But go to

http://www.kingstonontarioevents.com/event/on-the-wall-street-art-festival/

For example.

At the top the date is listed “August 18, 2014 – 24”.

should be “August 18-24, 2014” I’d think?

Not sure if I’ve mucked something up or if meant to be this way but would love to know how to change that if possible. Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I can help you get to the bottom of this. I took a look at your site and see what you mean.

The default setting is like this for Multi Day Events

August 18, 2016 @ 10:00 pm – August 25, 2016 @ 10:00 pm

So it looks like something is causing the second date instance to only show the date.

Have you made any changes to the display settings?

Are you using a custom template or added any filters to change date outputs?

Please let me know about those two and then we can go from there.

Thanks

dealerdan
    Participant

Hey,

I don’t see anything in display settings. I’ve taken a screenshot of the date format settings you can see that at:

http://www.kingstonontarioevents.com/dateformat.jpg

I also tested by temporarily removing any modifications in {mytheme}/tribe-events/ folder but that didn’t change anything. However it’s also occuring in the sidebar widget area, so it does look like it’s a global issue.

I also tested by changing themes but same deal there.

As far as I know, there are no filters that are changing the date outputs anywhere or anything like that, although if you want me to look anywhere just let me know.

Thanks Brian!

Brian
    Keymaster

I asked around with our developers and we are seeing this issue pop up with date formatting so we are working to see on how to resolve that.

I did play around with my settings on a developer site and if you change the Date Without a Year Box to this:

F j

It will show correctly, but will not have a year in the date.

That should work for now.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

dealerdan
    Participant

I believe you meant the “Date WITH Year” box as opposed to without. As the problem is when the year is being displayed.

Thanks – all fixed, and glad to hear it’s not just me 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

We are both correct, as adding the Y in the without a year causes an issue too.

Since the issue is resolved and we are looking into changing how this is displayed I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing the Date Display’ is closed to new replies.