Changing titles in individual event view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Changing titles in individual event view

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joelkriteman
    Participant

Hello
    I wish to change the title of ‘other’ to ”Additional information’ within an individual event.

I understand the principle of child templates etc but I can’t work out which file to edit. I thought this would be in views/single-event.php.

Can you let me know where I would make this change please?
    Thanks
    Joel

Barry

Hi Joel,

There are a few ways of approaching this. One would be a simple bit of string manipulation which you could do with a snippet like this (which might be added to your theme’s functions.php file). Alternatively you could dig into the workings of the Tribe Meta Factory if you preferred.

Hope that gives you some ideas πŸ™‚

joelkriteman
    Participant

Perfect – the snippet works fine and is certainly the easier solution for me.
    Thanks very much.
    Joel

Kelly
    Participant

We’re happy to help, Joel! πŸ™‚ Glad that we were able to get your issue resolved quickly.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we will love it if you would write a few words for us here:
    http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. πŸ™‚

rodelcarolino
    Participant

The snippet didn’t work with my theme.
    I was trying to change ‘ORGANIZER’ to ‘COORDINATOR’
    http://saprwp.com/events/?tribe_events=sample-event-2

The other option of “Tribe Meta Factory” above link, can you please provide the codes how to change the ‘ORGANIZER’ to COORDINATOR.

Thanks

Barry

Hi there rodelcarolino,

It’s generally best to create a fresh forum topic of your own when seeking help, even if an existing topic seems really similar: what works for one site or user isn’t necessarily going to work in a different context … not to mention a lot of things can change in the space of a year.

Here for example we were documenting a solution based on something called the meta factory – this has now been deprecated and is turned off by default, hence why the snippet above probably no longer functions.

Please do take a look at our Themer’s Guide which covers many of the fundamentals for safely customizing the plugin and also take a peek at the modules/meta/organizer.php template (overriding this will allow you to easily change the text within it).

If you still need further help definitely let us know – but if you could do so from a fresh topic that would be massively appreciated πŸ™‚

Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing titles in individual event view’ is closed to new replies.