Community + Woocommerce tickets

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Community + Woocommerce tickets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris

Do these plugins work hand in hand? If I set up community for a registered user to create events can that event work with woocommerce tickets

Casey D

Hello Chris,

All events are created equal! An event that was created through the Community Events plugin can have tickets added to it later.

Though, a user submitting an event through the Community Events form, CANNOT add tickets at the time of creation. They (or an admin) must add tickets through the admin.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Chris

Is there any plan to have user be able to add tickets on the front end? For example I have a user on the site…without dashboard access that can add a new event but that event costs, say $30 and there are 4 tickets available. Ideally I want them to login to their user account, which happens to be a buddypress account then add an event that others can purchase. Or if you know of another way for people to confirm they are attending an event (with or without making a payment through the site). Any info along these lines would be helpful. Out of the box solutions / add-ons / or even hooking into to the proper functions of the event calendar pro. Thanks for the help

Casey D

Hello Chris,

Unfortunately that level of customization goes beyond the scope of the forums.

If you have a moment, we’d love for you to submit your idea to our UserVoice forum. We take user ideas and contributions very seriously, and many times their ideas end up in our future releases.

You can add some additional fields out of the box with the PRO add-on. In the Events Settings > Additional Fields tab, you can add form fields that will display on the Community Events submission form. That will take you a little ways, but not as far as you would like. 🙁

Currently, the WooCommerce Tickets ‘free event’ model is the best supported way for event confirmation.

I hope this helps! Let me know if I can answer any other questions!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Westenberg, D

Hi,

I didn’t want to clutter the forums so that’s why I’m replying here.
    We had exactly the same question but with some follow-ups. We bought wootickets and are using the Events Calendar at the moment. We were looking into community events but without tickets integration it’s useless.
    To make Wootickets usefull (We still have 20 days for the refund) we use different roles for our users, we thought this worked fine and are looking into adding PRO aswell. However when users open view events or edit events the events from all users are shown. They cannot edit others events but they can see the attendee list of other events (including ticket sales/names and such).
    We love the programs and we really want to continue using this. This however is a something we cannot live with. Do you know of a possibility to make users below administrator not be able to view others attendees list?

We really hope you can help us with it so we can continue using (and buying) your products 🙂

Yours sincerely,

Dirk

Barry

Hi Dirk,

We don’t  generally offer technical support here on the pre-sales forum so though I appreciate your desire to avoid cluttering the forums it would actually be preferable from our point of view if you posted in the WooCommerce Tickets or Events Calendar PRO forum 🙂

That said, if I’m understanding you correctly, it sounds very much like the heart of the matter is that you are allowing various users of different roles to access the list of events in the admin environment and the sticking point is that you cannot “lock this down” such that they only see their own events.

Accomplishing something like that definitely ought to be achievable – but it is admittedly outside the typical spectrum of support we can offer, even on the premium forums.

If that means the plugin doesn’t meet your needs and you can no longer use it that would certainly be regrettable – but you are welcome to apply for a refund by emailing us at pro (at) tri (dot) be.

If you do so, please include a copy of your purchase receipt and a link to this forum thread (to give the team some context).

Thanks again 🙂

Barry

Just a note that I’m going to close this topic and archive it (staff won’t see any further replies) – but we’re always here to help if you need it – just create new replies as necessary. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Community + Woocommerce tickets’ is closed to new replies.