complex recurring schedules

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions complex recurring schedules

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Greg

I am looking for a calendar plugin that can do complex calendar events. I do Scuba classes, and the classes are grouped into multiple days, but each day might be at a different venue, and at a different time of day. I would like it to appear as one event, but be able to include this detail.
    For example, day one starts at 8:30 on Saturday 9/27 at 8:30 with a location of “the store”, day two starts at 9:00 on Sunday 9/28 with a location of “the pool”, day three starts at 8:00 on Saturday 10/4 at “the beach”, and day four starts at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday 10/5 at “the boat”. Are there any plans to be able to accommodate such events?

Thank you,

Greg

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Greg,

There are plans to allow for complex scheduling. In fact, that feature is very close to release. You will be able to define recurrences on any day you wish, without a set pattern to them.

However, this will not allow you to do a separate venue for each occurence. Instead of that though, you could create a category for each Event. When a user wants to see all the various locations and times for that event, they could just click on the category. Not sure if that would work.

Finally, you could use our API to accomplish what you want. It will just require some programming.

Does that all make sense? Can I clarify anything or answer some further questions? Let me know. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘complex recurring schedules’ is closed to new replies.