Conflict with Nano Theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Conflict with Nano Theme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    tammi4fsu
    Participant

When the Pro plugin is activated, the sidebar widgets listing upcoming events disappears and I can no longer even access my widget area. When I deactivate the Pro plugin (not the standard events calendar plugin) the widget is back up and I can now access all my widgets on appearance-widgets. So, the only way to keep my sidebar listing upcoming events is to deactivate pro but I lose all the pro functions. any suggestions?

Hi!

Thanks for reaching out to us. I want to help but will first need some additional clarification/information.

1. <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>Please confirm you are using version 3.6.1 of The Events Calendar and <i>Events Calendar PRO</i></span>
    2. Does the Appearance > Widget screen function when you are using Twenty Twelve or Twenty Fourteen theme

It sounds to me like you indicate in the title that your theme is conflicting with the PRO plugin and the above should let us confirm. If the issue stays when you are using a different theme then there may be a different culprit and we will investigate further.

Thanks,

– Matthew

tammi4fsu
    Participant

yes, it would appear that the pro plugin (not the standard plugin) is interfering with the theme. any suggestions with a workaround? we have thousands of events and don’t want to have to start over with a new events plugin.

tammi4fsu
    Participant

and yes, using 3.6.1 of events calendar and pro and with other themes, it seems to work fine.

Hi:

Thanks for confirming the above details. This confirms that there is definitely a conflict between our plugin and the nano theme. I took a quick look at your site and I see that non has it’s own plugins.js file Does it provide WordPress widgets?

I don’t have a copy of the nano theme so I can’t fully test your setup. However I would trouble shoot in the following manor.

1) In Events Calendar PRO you can de-activate the widgets by modifying the eventts-calendar-pro.php file.  In this class do a search for widget and comment out the require_once and add_action calls.

2) Verify if your widgets section is functioning as expected.

3) uncomment the add_action call

4) Verify if widgets section is functioning

5) Uncomment the require_once 1 at a time and verify.

This should identify what function/class is causing the conflict and then you can search nano theme to see if it has similar function defined.

I’m going to see if I can get a copy of nano later today and debug as well. Thanks for your assistance, and bringing this conflict to our attention.

– Matthew

tammi4fsu
    Participant

Oh boy! I did as you suggested and now the whole site is down! Crap! Can I email you my credentials so u can take a look?

tammi4fsu
    Participant

never mind! whoo hoo! all fixed – thank you a million times.

Great! I think, can you confirm for my peace of mind that the issue with the sidebar widgets has been resolved when <i>Events Calendar PRO </i> is enabled?  Or do you still have that issue?

Thanks in advance,

– Matthew

tammi4fsu
    Participant

Well, I thought it was fixed. The events PRO plugin is enabled and the widgets are working (yay!) however, when scheduling events, the recurring option is no longer available.

Hi, sorry for my delayed response.

If possible can you let me know what recent changes to the site. In particular are you using non-modified version of The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO?. Also feel free to pass along a set of credentials to your site via the private reply. This would let me take a quick look at the setup to see if anything would account for the missing recurrence option on your events.

Thank you in advance,

– Matthew

tammi4fsu
    Participant

This reply is private.

tammi4fsu
    Participant

thank you very much!

This reply is private.

tammi4fsu
    Participant

This reply is private.

tammi4fsu
    Participant

also, i can no longer add the default country and city/state

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Conflict with Nano Theme’ is closed to new replies.