Connection Buddypress & Events Calendar Pro / Eventbrite Tickets

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Connection Buddypress & Events Calendar Pro / Eventbrite Tickets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ed

My current WP site crashed. I will rebuild it from scratch and have to make some important decisions. I want to install an online community with Buddypress and invite my members to join. My main service, however, concerns events and trips that I organize for the people in my community. To that end I want to install Tribe’s Events Calendar Pro, eventually with Eventbrite tickets. Most events are free and some are paid, but each time I want my members to register on my website. Two concrete questions:

1. Is it always necessary to use Eventbrite to buy a ticket for an event. Note: it is not essential that an actual ticket can be printed as people will show up on my list and don’t need a paper ticket to begin with.

2. Is it possible to connect the event registration system (eventually Eventbrite) with Buddypress in such a way that members in my community can see who is going. Just like with Meetup.com for instance.

Thank you for your help.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Ed,

Regarding your questions:

1) For sure! First of all you can have free tickets for events, even in limited quantities if needed. If you want to manually add an attendee who has not purchased a ticket, you can do that as well including for events where tickets must be purchased. These are all feature of Eventbrite and our plugin certainly does not hamper them in anyway. Before purchasing anything you can play around with these features by creating an event on the Eventbrite website.

2) We would like to see that our selves. You might consider voicing your support for this feature request. In the mean time you can integrate specific things if you have a few in mind, but they will need to be developed. If you are not a developer, we could give you contact info for some devs familiar with our API.

You are welcome! Let me know if you have any other questions.

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has been inactive for a spell it is getting closed out. Please direct any future questions to a new topic. Thanks!

– Brook

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Connection Buddypress & Events Calendar Pro / Eventbrite Tickets’ is closed to new replies.