Cost should not requires Eventbrite ticket

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Cost should not requires Eventbrite ticket

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    quantumdynamix
    Participant

I am using the Eventbrite ticket plugin, which seems to hijack the COST field. Not all events require Eventbrite tickets, but sometimes have associated costs at the door or at the point of sale. Is there any way to have the cost save and display regardless of the presence of an Eventbrite ticket?

Barry

Hi!

It is indeed assumed that if a ticketing addon is in use (whether Eventbrite Tickets or one of our other ticketing solutions) then the cost field will not be needed – and that is really just a reasonable default that is intended to prevent confusion. You’re right, though, it’s not always desirable and it’s fairly easy to reinstate those fields.

Would the solution outlined here help in this case?

quantumdynamix
    Participant

Thanks for the link. That solved my problem.

You may want to update the nomenclature on the plugins in the future so that the “cost” field says “Eventbrite Ticket Cost” or something specific, so that if both fields are enabled, then there isn’t any confusion.

Barry

Definitely, that’s a good idea and I’ll log it in our issue tracker.

Thanks also for confirming that worked for you – I’ll go ahead and close this thread but of course if we can help with anything else please do feel free to create new threads as needed and one of the team will be only too happy to help. Last but not least, if you had a moment and wished to leave a few words about The Events Calendar on the plugin review page that would definitely be appreciated and we’d love to hear your thoughts 🙂

Thanks again!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop in and update you on the status of this issue. We are working on a fix, but we were not able to include it in our upcoming release (3.7). Correcting this problem is still important to us and we hope to have a fix done for a future maintenance release. We will do our best to keep you updated here on our progress. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work on this.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Cost should not requires Eventbrite ticket’ is closed to new replies.