Countdown not moving to next event that is on same day

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Countdown not moving to next event that is on same day

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matt

I am using Vamtam’s Church and Events theme, and the countdown time for events is awesome, but I have one problem that Vamtam says is not on their end…..the countdown timer will not switch to the next event on the same day…..example….if you have one event on 10/12 at 12pm and one at 5pm, once the 12pm event has ended it stays on that event the whole day instead of moving on to the 5pm event. Is this a limitation or do i need the pro version? Any help would be appreciated.

Geoff

Hi there, Matt! Thanks for getting in touch.

Good question. The countdown widget comes with the PRO plugin and is assigned to one event at a time.

For example, if you have two events on the same day at different times, you would go to the Events Countdown widget in Appearance > Widgets and select one of the two events you would like to countdown from. You also have the ability to specify what text to display once the countdown has reached zero. Here is a screenshot of the configurations to help illustrate.

Once the countdown time has been reached, you can select another event to countdown from. Unfortunately, it will not automatically move to the next event. That’s a great idea though! If you have a moment, we’d love for you to share it on our UserVoice page, which we use to track popular ideas for future releases.

Does that help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Matt

sharing it would be fine……as to using event countdown as a widget, my theme is using short code to countdown to the events…..it just looks bad when you see the countdown stuck on an event you know has passed and won’t change until the day ends. I would love to see that fixed in an update. Keep me informed. Thanks.

Geoff

Thanks for following up and sharing your suggestion on our UserVoice page, Matt! It’s greatly appreciated. 🙂

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Countdown not moving to next event that is on same day’ is closed to new replies.