Countdown Widget Doesn’t Show Time On Events Pages

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Countdown Widget Doesn’t Show Time On Events Pages

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Kelley
    Participant

Set up a countdown widget in the site’s sidebar, works fine everywhere but the event pages where it just shows DD:HR:MIN:SEC instead of the time. Zapped all the other plugins and reverted the theme to 2012, now calendar page doesn’t even have a widget bar. Do I need to set up an alternate widget bar without the countdown for the event pages?

Barry

Hmm, a strange problem.

If we roll things back a step and only deactivate plugins (leaving The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO active, of course, and also leaving your theme in place) does this problem still surface?

Thomas Kelley
    Participant

Hadn’t tried it that way the first time, but just did try with theme on and all other plugins off, and yes, the problem still remains.

Barry

Hmm, well the nub of the problem is that one of our Javascript files (widget-countdown.js) is not being enqueued on that page. That’s a bit puzzling, especially as – with a default theme like Twenty Thirteen – it works as expected on event pages (and indeed all pages generally).

It looks like you are using Headway as your theme, is that correct? Unfortunately, there have historically been a number of issues that crop up when trying to use that particular theme.

Thomas Kelley
    Participant

That’s kind of what I expected. So the simple answer is to just create a separate widget area without the countdown for the events pages, right?

We’ve encountered a few other glitches on a similar site that my Headway/PHP programmer has worked around with a few tweaks, maybe we should put her together with your team to sort things out. You’re already 95% of the way there, it would be a shame not to go the remaining distance.

Barry

She’s definitely welcome to contact us and/or submit pull requests via our GitHub page 🙂

So the simple answer is to just create a separate widget area without the countdown for the events pages, right?

I’m not sure why a separate widget area would make any real difference here, unless the existing one is in some way atypical or not actually a “native” WP widgetized area – but it could be worth exploring for sure.

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Countdown Widget Doesn’t Show Time On Events Pages’ is closed to new replies.