Creating a child theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Creating a child theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    theimageworks
    Participant

Hi,
    I’d like to make changes to the single-event.php file in a way that wont be lost when the plugin is updated.

I’ve tried placing the file in themes/my_theme/the-events-calendar/views/single-event.php but the changes are ignored.

I’ve even tried:
    themes/my_theme/events-calendar-pro/views/pro/single-event.php
    themes/my_theme/events-calendar-pro/views/single-event.php
    themes/my_theme/events-calendar-pro/single-event.php

Please can you help with this.

Thanks in advance

Barry

Hi theimageworks,

That’s a great idea and it looks like you’re almost there. Full steps for setting up template overrides can be found in our Themer’s Guide so that is worth reading, but the key point is that they should be contained in a directory called tribe-events (rather than events-calendar-pro as you have done).

So, to override the single event template from within your child theme, try:

themes/my_theme/tribe-events/single-event.php

Does that help?

theimageworks
    Participant

That’s spot on, thanks for your help.

I had searched on Google etc but never game across that page. Sorry! :/

Barry

No problem at all, happy to help 🙂

Just for future reference we do have a list of Useful Resources over in the sidebar that includes our Themer’s Guide and some other commonly requested stuff, so that is always worth a quick scan (as is the Support dropdown menu at the top of the page). At any rate, I’m glad it’s all working and will go ahead and close this thread.

Last but not least we’re always keen to hear how we’re doing and how well The Events Calendar is serving your needs – so, if you have a moment to spare, it would be awesome to hear from you over on our plugin review page. Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating a child theme’ is closed to new replies.