Creating Private Calendars for Each User

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Creating Private Calendars for Each User

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Laura

I am trying to create private calendars on my wordpress site that can only be accessed by logging in with a registered username/password. The problem I am running into is I don’t want other users to be able to view the other users calendars. I need all the calendars to be private- is this something your calendars can do? Or is this even a possibility? thank you!

Hi!

Thanks for considering using The Events Calendar! This is definitely an interesting problem. Let me do my best to walk through how I would tackle the problem.

First The Events Calendar was designed as a singular Calendar solution. We currently don’t support individual “calendars” instead you need to use categories or other meta data of an Event to filter what content the user is shown.

Are the users going to be adding their own events? or is that going to be administered by an “admin”?

If users will be adding their own events than you could potentially filter what events get returned to the user by including only events created by the current logged in user.

If “admins” will be creating events you could assign a category for each user or utilize the “Organizer” field to dictate what events should be shown to each user. You could also potentially extend the user settings so that you could assign a category or venue to a user for maintaining the linkage dynamically.

Either way you would need to do some customization to meet your needs and I would suggest taking a look at our New Users Guide, Tutorials and Docs for reference information. Also The Events Calendar is free to download and use so you can definitely experiment to see if it meets your needs.

I know the above isn’t a detailed how-to but it should give you an idea of how to make The Events Calendar function as you outline.

Thanks again for reaching out to us,

– Matthew

Hi, Thanks again for considering our Event Calendar plugins. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you have any additional questions feel free to reach back out to us here on the forums.

– Matthew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating Private Calendars for Each User’ is closed to new replies.