CSV Import Show Google Map not set

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions CSV Import Show Google Map not set

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wickedsharp
    Participant

Hello, I have been able to successfully import my events from a csv file, with the exception of the Show Google Map and Show Google Map Link items. I have tried setting those columns to ‘yes’, ‘true’, ‘True’, 1, but those checkboxes are always unchecked after import. If I check them manually, it works and the map shows up on that event page. Other boolean values like “All Day Event” work as expected.
    <br><br>
    If the google maps settings can’t be set via the importer, can you provide a snippet that can help me enable maps for all imported events?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi wickedsharp,

Sorry for the troubles in the CSV import.

I did some testing on a site and was able to reproduce the error. I tried all the different options and only get the check box to show when there was a 1 in the field.

Please download this file* with some random generated events for importing.

Please import those events and let me know if any of the checkboxes are checked.

I will also look into this further as some of our instructions say, yes or true should work.

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Thanks

*removed by admin

wickedsharp
    Participant

Thanks for the sample csv. Here’s what it produced for me. Note I didn’t add any of the venues so I’m not sure if it would make a difference:
    Kentucky Tennessee Clay Co – Link box only was checked
    George Jessop Carter Jewelers – Link box only was checked
    Fleetwood Building Block Inc – Map box only was checked
    That confirms what you said about only accepting a value of 1 to trigger the boxes being checked.
    I can also confirm that by setting those columns to 1 in my own event csv, the boxes were checked after import. Thanks for your help, you saved me hours of manually fixing up a year’s worth of calendar events!

— as a side note which looks like a separate issue, i uploaded the same all-day test event twice, but it didn’t overwrite or merge the new event, just created another one so now I have two in the calendar.

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, glad that way is working for you and the results from the test document are what they should be.

I have opened a ticket to address the issue and we either have it fixed so the other options work or clarify to add 1 to the field to check the box.

For your note on the all-day test event csv upload, that is how the system works, csv does not modify or merge with existing events, it will always create new ones.  The best thing I can suggest it to bulk delete the events you want to modify and reupload using the csv.

I like the idea of the csv upload updating existing events and other people have suggested it so please head to our UserVoice Page and add your own or upvote that feature as they will increase the chances of it being added to a future version.

http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We weren’t able to get to it for our upcoming 3.8 release, but it is still very much on the radar. We hope to have it fixed in an upcoming release, and we will do our best to keep you posted on our progress. Thanks for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Leah

Hi there,

Thank you for your support and patience while we worked on this issue. We are happy announce that we have incorporated a fix into our upcoming 3.10 release. Keep an eye out for a release announcement on our site and for updates available on your WordPress dashboard.

While we have thoroughly tested this release and are confident of its quality, it is impossible to account for every edge case in the wide world of WordPress. If you run into trouble with the new version or you don’t see your reported issue corrected, please start a new thread and we will be happy to work with you.

Thanks again for your patience here. We’re excited to get this version out the door and into your hands!

Best,
    The Events Calendar Team

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should address some of the problems with the CSV import feature reported in this thread.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-4-event-tickets-4-4-4-premium-add-ons/

I hope this update helps!

If issues persist, open a new thread in the forums and be sure to include your site’s complete, un-edited “System Information” as per the instructions in this knowledgebase guide.

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘CSV Import Show Google Map not set’ is closed to new replies.