Custom User Capabilities Event Calendar EventPro integrated with WordPress roles

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Custom User Capabilities Event Calendar EventPro integrated with WordPress roles

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Community Action
    Participant

My client needs an internal ‘intranet’ solution that allows for calendar sharing/updating (I have purchased developer edition of CalendarPro), general file sharing, communications on the backend. I’m building their front end site now and have Calendar Pro set up.

Hoping you all have suggestions to this dilemma: I need to somehow allow employees access privileges to CalendarPro inside the same login account as their user privileges to add/edit posts. Additionally – and maybe it’s not the right place to ask, but you’re all experts! — they will need to have a person or two be able to access a specific plugin to update a moving text banner in the header (for weather outages, school closings). I don’t want them to have to login in to calendareventpro then have separate logins to wp. Any ideas? Is there a plugin that allows true custom access to plugins? or something else?
    oh – I am building the theme on VAMTAM’s church theme, which is great for our customizations. Thanks a lot if anyone has ideas.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello wildersites,

I can help you with your capabilities dilemma. The Events Calendar does have built in custom capabilities to create events.

So you can use the Members Plugin to create custom roles with the capabilities.

Members – Best Membership and User Role Management Plugin for WordPress

Once you create a role you can edit the capabilities and it will show the Events capabilities you can assign such as edit_tribe_events.

Then you can just check what you want the role to be able to access.

It can get a little tricky getting the settings correct, so usually I would make a clone of the role that does everything I want and then remove the capabilities I do not want.

Let me know if you have any questions once you get into it about the _tribe_events capabilities.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom User Capabilities Event Calendar EventPro integrated with WordPress roles’ is closed to new replies.