Customize Calendar options when NOT logged in

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Customize Calendar options when NOT logged in

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    amucino
    Participant

When visitors go to the website under the “Calendar” menu they see the “Add Event” option, I want this removed since they cannot add anything, if so it should be visible only for the admin and visible only once logged in.

Also, the page that shows the details of the event has on the right hand side a button to “Add Event” that also needs to be removed and the “Donate” button I actually want to customize. Instead I want it to read “Register” … I have been looking for plugins that will allow people to register for the selected event with no luck so far. I want to store their name/email/phone and the event they registered for. Also IF possible when creating an event have a checkbox or something so that for some events people can register and others are simply open. Is there a way to do this at this time ?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I can help you out here and get this resolved and answer your questions.

Add Event

The Events Calendar is not support to add links like that into your menu, so I am unsure how either got there and I tried to visit your site and could not see it.

So, Can you check the WordPress Menu Editor and see if the Add Event is there?

Go to Appearance->Menus and find the main nav menu and see if it is there.

Please let me know what you find out in the Menu.

Event Registration

We do not have an Events Registration Add on.

But it could be possible to use one of the Ticketing Add On’s and call it registration instead. However, name/email/phone is not stored with our tickets, instead that is with the order in the e-Commerce System. So to get this all to work would involve some customizations on your part and being comfortable using hooks and filters to do it. That is the closest to what you are asking that I could think of.

Thanks

amucino
    Participant

Brian.

1. The link IS there. On the main menu of the website go to the main menu of the site and click on “Calendar”, the bottom link says “Add event”, it should be removed unless the user is logged in or removed altogether.
    2. The details page of the event has two buttons “Add event” should also be removed. and “Donate”. I want to change what it says to “Register” and link to an external page passing the “ID” of the event to that page. From there I can develop an application myself to handle registrations, etc.

Ill await your reply

Brian
    Keymaster

I apologize, I did not communicate clearly. I do not doubt that the links are there.

I said I could not see them because I am unable to visit your site as I am getting a Server Not Found Error.

Please provide a link to your site if you can and I will take a look.

And please at the same time, take a look at the WordPress Menu Editor and confirm the links are there or not.

Thanks

amucino
    Participant

The website is right there: http://www.bluedot-immigration.us

amucino
    Participant

The link to the ‘calendar’ IS there. I would send you a screenshot but there is no option for adding attachments.

Menu has the following options:

1) About Simone
    2) The team
    3) Classes
    4) Events
    5) Calendar – —— THIS IS THE ONE with the calendar, bottom reads “Add event”, then get into any view, click on the event and the event details come up, the 2 buttons are there (Add Event & Donate)
    6) Locations
    7) Gallery
    8) News

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok I was able to take a look, thanks for sending the link.

The Events Calendar and all our plugins are not creating any of those links in the menu and the sidebar. They are being created by your theme, Church & Event.

It looks like they have put some specialized coding in there for the Events Calendar Plugin.

I would like to be able to tell you how to remove them, but I would only be guessing since the theme is doing this.

I searched for the theme and found they have a support forum where they might already have the answer or you can ask to get them removed.

http://support.vamtam.com/support/home

I hope that helps.

Thanks

amucino
    Participant

I submitted the ticket to them. I thought those options were from the calendar.

Brian
    Keymaster

No worries, they do look like it comes from our plugins. It got me for a bit too. I am going to close this ticket, but if they come with anything that you think we need to resolve, please create a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Customize Calendar options when NOT logged in’ is closed to new replies.