Date format not correct

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Date format not correct

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Barry Wales
    Participant

Since I have installed the latest version the events calendar pro does not adopt the date format from the General Settings in WP.
    Whereas it should show:
    Monday, November 6th, 2013 (setting l, F jS, Y)
    but would not show the day or the year. in other places where the date is used, such as, my twitter display, the date was correct.
    On further investigation I noticed that it only applied to events for 2013. A 2014 event displayed was Ok. As a workaround if I remove the year (Y) then it displays the day name.
    My WP theme is Enfold

Barry

Hi barrywales,

Are you referring to the event schedule details that for instance appear on single event pages under the event title?

If so then yes, in some circumstances it will use a date format that does not include the year. You can change the actual format used in this situation by adding a snippet like this one to your theme’s functions.php file.

Does that help here?

Barry Wales
    Participant

The date format I refer to is anywhere where the event pro is displayed, that is, an event single page, widget as at the bottom of our website.
    This was not a problem in the previous two releases so it seems like a bug in 3.2

Barry

OK – and does the snippet I provided resolve this for you in at least some of those cases, such as the date time as displayed on single event pages under the title?

threecedars
    Participant

I am having this problem too, since the latest update. In list view, the 2013 events do not show the day of the week or the year. For 2014 events, the day of week and year do show. The date format I have specified in general settings is: l, F j, Y. How do I fix? (Note: I am also using the Enfold theme).
    threecedarswaldorf.org is the site.

Barry

Hi threecedars,

It would be awesome if you could create a fresh thread so we can work through this with you without disrupting things for barrywales. Again, try the snippet suggested in my first post which should resolve this in some of the cases.

Cheers!

Barry Wales
    Participant

I have updated the function.php with the code and it works. Thanks.
    Will I need to keep updating this program each time the Enfold theme gets updated?

Barry

I’m not familiar with Enfold, but you should follow the theme author’s advice in that respect. Often the solution is to create a child theme and place customizations in there, but some themes offer alternative approaches.

Barry

I’ll go ahead and close this – if there is anything else we can help with please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Date format not correct’ is closed to new replies.