The Events Calendar Category Colors are not showing up

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The Events Calendar Category Colors are not showing up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Konrad Beikircher
    Participant

Hi,
    I am having a little bit back and forth between Avada and Andy Fragen on an issue related to the Event category Color plugin from Andy. In a nutshell: the category Colors are not showing up after updating. I am using WordPress 4.4.1., Avada 3.9.3, EventsCalenderPro 4.0.5 and version 4.4.5 of the category Colors plugin.

After reading of some other post dealing with the same problem I did some Debugging and Exploration with the DOM Explorer. I discovered you set the border-color of #E0DEDE.

#tribe-events #tribe-geo-results .type-tribe_events:last-child, #tribe-events .tribe-events-list .tribe-events-event-meta .author > div, #tribe-events .tribe-events-list .type-tribe_events, #tribe-events .tribe-events-list-separator-month + .type-tribe_events.tribe-events-first, .events-archive.events-gridview #tribe-events-content table .type-tribe_events, .events-list #tribe-events-footer, .single-tribe_events #tribe-events-footer, #tribe-events #tribe-events-footer, .fusion-body #tribe-events .tribe-events-list .tribe-events-event-meta .author > div:last-child, .fusion-events-before-title h2, .tribe-events-grid .tribe-grid-content-wrap .column, .tribe-events-viewmore, .tribe-grid-allday, .tribe-week-grid-block div {
    border-color: #E0DEDE;
    }

http://www.beikircher.de/events

The problem is I discovered it, but I can`t fix, because I don’t know where.

Andy came back to me with the following answer: Unfortunately you have to look to Avada. That bit of CSS is bundled in all the CSS from the id avada-stylesheet-inline-css. If there is some way in Avada to limit or change what this produces that might work.

Avada came back to me with following answer, after forwarding them Andy’s message: I have investigated the issue, avada theme is assigning a default border color to the element, which can not be removed without modifying the core files of avada theme and fusion core. Please ask the plugin author to use !important at the end of css which is responsible for assigning left border color to the element.

Is this something you might be able to resolve. If not I have to re-consider changing the Event calendar product.
    Smells like an update somewhere…as a customer of Avada 3.9.3 in which the Event calendar is an integrated plugin for customers I am somehow surprised by this answer.

Thomas

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugin. I can try to help out here, but we are limited in supporting theme and plugin compatibility issues.

It seems like the two options are either to add !important to the category color css or to remove the css from Avada theme.

We would not be able to provide css to fix this as it would overwrite both options nor can we support 3rd party coding per our terms and conditions.

Unfortunately, I looked for a solution using JavaScript and noting works without creating an advanced custom script.

I am not able to find any other resolution at this point besides for the time being downgrading to an early version where everything worked.

Thanks

Konrad Beikircher
    Participant

Thanks for the effort solving this issue.

I will investigate two ways:
    1. Downgrading
    2. Changing the calendar plugin

Keep you posted.

T.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok thanks.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar Category Colors are not showing up’ is closed to new replies.