Different Theme template for Calendar and single event view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Different Theme template for Calendar and single event view

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bikerznet
    Participant

I have setup my single event to use the template from my theme with a righthand sidebar so I can show ads etc, next to the descriptions.
    But I want the Calendar view to be a full page as the sidebar is a distraction.

Any ideas how I can achieve this, either buy changing the code or a possible plugin

Barry

Hi – great question!

One approach is to add a conditional statement to the top of your template that tries to determine if a single event page is being requested or not and, if a match is detected, simply loads a different template.

Say you are using the default-template.php template (known as the Default Events Template in the settings screen) – you could override this (see here for details) and add something like this to the top of your customized version:

if ( is_single() && tribe_is_event() ) {
    	get_template_part( 'your/custom/single-event-tpl' );
    	return;
    }

Does that help/would that work for you?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Different Theme template for Calendar and single event view’ is closed to new replies.