different view on "events" and "event"

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO different view on "events" and "event"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

i want to have different views at the pages “events” and “event”, the page “events” shows your calendar in fullsize, thats nice and ok. but if i click on any event so open the event details page, on this site i want to have the mini calendar as a widget. can you help me to realize this? thank you!

Geoff

Hi there, Matthias! Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums. 🙂

It sounds like you’re using the Default Events Template, which is great! You can override this and set up your own copy within your theme (see our Themer’s Guide for details) so it would live at:

[your_theme]/tribe-events/default-template.php

You would then customize this to add a sidebar where you would like it. What works well for you and your theme is something you’ll probably need to discover through trial and error. At code-level adding the sidebar could be as simple as this, though:

get_sidebar();

Once you’re happy with this you will want to make sure it only displays on single event page. You just need an extra statement preceding your code to load the sidebar. Here’s an example:

if ( tribe_is_event_query() && is_singular() ) get_sidebar();

Does that make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi there, Matthias! Just checking in to see if there’s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Matthias! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘different view on "events" and "event"’ is closed to new replies.