Display event categories in list view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Display event categories in list view

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    irishrunner16
    Participant

I’d like to get the event categories added to the events in List View. I tried adding <?php echo tribe_get_event_categories(); ?> to /tribe-events/list/single-event.php, but its not displaying quite as I’d like.

Basically, I want to have the label and categories displayed similarly to how they are on the single event pages (“Event Category” or “Event Categories” label, with each category separated by a comma and hyper linked), except I want the label and categories to display on the same line when displayed in List view.

I realize this is a customization topic and not support, so if anyone outside of MT has done something like this I’d certainly appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Sean

Barry

Hi Sean,

Instead of the function you tried would this work for you?

<?php echo Tribe_Register_Meta::event_category( 'tribe_event_category' ) ?>

irishrunner16
    Participant

Hey Barry, that’s pretty much what I’m looking for, thanks so much! Is there any way to customize the output so that the title and categories are displayed on one line?

Barry

There are a few avenues there – you could probably target it with CSS (and perhaps could wrap it in an additional div to help make it easy to specifically target this use case) – we’d need to leave that up to you, though.

Good luck 🙂

irishrunner16
    Participant

Ok thanks Barry! That helps point me in the right direction.

Barry

Happy to help 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Display event categories in list view’ is closed to new replies.