Displaying All Events for a Certain Category in Map View + Other

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Displaying All Events for a Certain Category in Map View + Other

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    luxxcapecod
    Participant

Hi there,

Trying to display the events from the Christmas Category (http://luxxcapecod.com/events/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=list&tribe_eventcategory=135)

on the map view. Want a full map of the christmas events if that’s possible.

If this is possible, I’d also like to know how to embed an iframe of the map on other parts of the site.

Finally, my community events plugin styling is wonky (as is the styling in the filters section). See links below for clarification – the radio buttons don’t function properly.

http://luxxcapecod.com/events/community/add
    UN = viewer
    PW = password

http://luxxcapecod.com/events/ (see radio buttons under “Show Filters)

Geoff

Hi there, Christopher! Thanks for getting in touch. 🙂

Good questions. Let’s see if we can tackle them one at a time.

Trying to display the events from the Christmas Category on the map view. Want a full map of the christmas events if that’s possible.

Yes, you can certainly display all events in the Christmas category in the Map view. The URL would follow this pattern: [your-site]/events/map/category/[category-name]. So, for example, your URL might look something like this: luxxcapecod.com/events/map/category/christmas.

As an alternative, you can use the Filter Bar in Map view and use the URL it generates. Here’s what I got when trying it on your site.

If this is possible, I’d also like to know how to embed an iframe of the map on other parts of the site.

Unfortunately, embedding the map on other pages is not supported. It may be possible to accomplish with some custom development, but i’m afraid that would get pretty tricky, since it relies on querying events posts as well.

Finally, my community events plugin styling is wonky (as is the styling in the filters section). See links below for clarification – the radio buttons don’t function properly.

I see what you mean. It looks like your theme’s CSS is overriding the calendar’s styles. You could try adding the following to your theme’s style.css file to fix the sizing:

/* Removes the bullet point styling for checkboxes on the Community Events form  */
    #tribe-community-events #event-categories ul li {
    list-style-type: none;
    }

/* Increases the height of checkboxes in the Events Filter Bar */
    #tribe_events_filters_wrapper label input[type=checkbox], #tribe_events_filters_wrapper label input[type=radio] {
    height: 15px;
    }

I do notice, however, that there are Javascript errors on your site, which seem to be preventing multiple checkboxes from being selected. That seems to be a conflict with the theme or another. Try running through these steps to test for conflicts, if that’s something you’re trying to fix as well.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Christopher! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Displaying All Events for a Certain Category in Map View + Other’ is closed to new replies.